Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Dog Art and Pet Paintings

Old 04-13-2011, 09:37 AM
Puppy Dog

Default Two Dogs

Hi my name is Nancy and this one I'm working on. Its taking so long (lol) its in Acrylic. My snout is a tad long but I'll work the nose down and it should help and work on some shadows. I love Bob Ross's everyday saying "There's no mistakes" and I add "Happy Oportunity's" What do ya all think? See if I can figure out how to post.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:40 AM
Felurian

You've really got good expression in the eyes and I love the overall tone of it. It's not primitive, but it has some of that feel, but somehow there's a taste of fantasy art as well as realism. I know that sounds contradictory, but I think good art is often paradoxical -- or at least I like art that is

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-13-2011, 11:55 AM
Twin 2.0

It's a good start, but right now the eye is drawn to the columns in the background and just skims right over the dogs that you're meaning to be the focus.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:46 PM
Just try me..

Rural

your technique is good and I like your style. Your right dog has smarm brow going on. (if that is your intent all well and good) but as you can see the angles are all off giving it a very uncomfortable surreal sort of look. Is that your intent? The dog on the left's side of face seems flat (see trapazoid) and the eyes are very different shapes with unequal pupils.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:44 PM
Puppy Dog

Renee' Thank you!! You got it and you described my style to a tee. I wish you where a judge. Much appreciated.

Dekka, hows that feel to pencil over a $400.00 painting. lol Thanks.

Thanks for all your Thoughts.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:46 PM
Puppy Dog

Here is another example of my work. They say artist are all a bit touched--(by angels)

This is my dogs and my personal painting.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:50 PM
Just try me..

Umm I didn't pencil over it. I did the same thing that was done earlier in this thread when discussing the pictures. You posted your picture in this thread and asked for feedback. I gave the same sort of feed back as was already given in this thread (you did read it right?) It was much simpler to show it in lines (not done in pencil) than say it.

If you didn't want feed back why did you post the pic here and ask us what we thought?

Why would the value of an unfinished painting have anything to do with constructive criticism?
Old 04-13-2011, 04:57 PM
Sport Model Pug

I think we should respect Amber and her art in this thread by making any other posts about art that is not pertaining to Amber and her art she is asking about in this thread in it's own place on the forums.

Not to mention you'll get more views if you start your own thread in the appropriate subsections of the forum.

Regarding dekka "pencilling over a $400 painting"... Well if you ask for input you're going to get it, there are several artists on here already and they are more than willing to give input to anyone asking for feedback.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 04-13-2011, 05:39 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
I think we should respect Amber and her art in this thread by making any other posts about art that is not pertaining to Amber and her art she is asking about in this thread in it's own place on the forums.

Not to mention you'll get more views if you start your own thread in the appropriate subsections of the forum.

Regarding dekka "pencilling over a $400 painting"... Well if you ask for input you're going to get it, there are several artists on here already and they are more than willing to give input to anyone asking for feedback.
Agreed. I'm really anxious to see more of Amber's work.

Though I have to say constructive criticism is a very helpful thing to have as an artist and it's something I greatly appreciate. I had a charcoal workshop last weekend and the guy was pretty critical of my work. I was honestly frustrated to an extent but in the end I learned quite a bit more than I would have had he been afraid to point out where I was messing up. And my picture looks better in the end too.

I definitely think you should share your work though. Chaz has some great artists and I definitely think we all enjoy seeing each others' work and learning from it.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:00 PM
Puppy Dog

Hellooooo! As you can see I stated a joke an a fact. I'm new here so excuse me! Sorry Amber didn't mean to step on anybody will make some sort of new post next time.
Nice to meet you all too.