Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 10-11-2005, 06:52 PM
www.petsmo.com

Default Make A Mix

What two breeds would you put together for a perfect mix?

I was in a store not long ago, and came across a pitbull/dalmation mix. It was probably one of the cutest puppies I have EVER seen. I almost picked him up (actually, I physically did) and could barely let the little bugger go!

*sigh*

anyhow, I must say, that would be a particularily wikkid breed of pup.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:11 PM
Big German Shepherd

I'd take the biggest German shepherd with excellent temperament I could find, take the biggest Caucasian Ovcharka with excellent temperament I could find and breed them.

Then... take a Border Collie and breed it with the biggest puppies, take the biggest puppies and breed it with a very big Saint Bernard with an excellent, go-lucky temperament to kind of water down the temperament.

And then take the biggest puppies out of that litter and breed it with a Caucasian Ovcharka. Then take the biggest out of that litter and breed it with a German shepherd again.

And there you have it, the BigDog2191 dog breed.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:46 PM
Top Dog

None. Yes, they're cute but it's all BYBing.

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 10-12-2005, 01:08 AM
Top Dog

I believe it was a hypothetical question, Grammy. Just for kicks.

Hypothetically speaking, I would love a loyal wolf/irish wolf-hound mix. I wonder if it would try to kill itself though.lol
Old 10-12-2005, 01:16 AM
Are You Blowing Me Off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedim
I believe it was a hypothetical question, Grammy. Just for kicks.

Hypothetically speaking, I would love a loyal wolf/irish wolf-hound mix. I wonder if it would try to kill itself though.lol
LOL nedim.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:58 AM
Quigleyfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog2191
I'd take the biggest German shepherd with excellent temperament I could find, take the biggest Caucasian Ovcharka with excellent temperament I could find and breed them.

Then... take a Border Collie and breed it with the biggest puppies, take the biggest puppies and breed it with a very big Saint Bernard with an excellent, go-lucky temperament to kind of water down the temperament.

And then take the biggest puppies out of that litter and breed it with a Caucasian Ovcharka. Then take the biggest out of that litter and breed it with a German shepherd again.

And there you have it, the BigDog2191 dog breed.
i'll have to dig up a pic of a friend's dog for you. no GSD-ovcharka mix, but a GSD-kuvaz. he was a little smaller than a kuvaz, with the looks of a long-haired GSD (what's called an "old german sheepdog" in germany). black and tan, one of the most beautiful dogs i've ever seen.
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 10-12-2005, 08:31 AM
Walks into Mordor

I've already had the most beautiful mix in the world. My Odin was a rottweiler/husky mix, and was gorgeous. He literally stopped traffic on many occassions. He had the thick husky coat in solid black with tan legs, but his underbody, chest and face were solid white. And he had the husky black mask. He looked mostly like a husky, except much larger, more muscular and with rott flop-ears.

Too bad he didn't have the stable temperament to go with all that. If I could breed a dog like him with a good temperament, that's what I'd do.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:04 PM
Are you dead yet?

I always thought that an interesting mix would be a BC/Kelpie. I'm sure it's done regularly by people wanting WSDs but I've never seen the result.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:54 PM
Imagination ROCKS.

I would probably do a Wolf Hybrid and a Kuvasz. You'd get an all white wolf Or... a Kuvasz with awesome markings!
Old 10-12-2005, 05:36 PM
Top Dog

I own my dream mix. His dam was a Mastiff and sire was an Irish Wolfhound. In fact, before I found him I always imagined a mix like this. He's built more like a Mastiff but has a wire coat like the wolfhound and those deep penetrating wolfhound eyes that I love. He was neutered last Sunday at 7 months old and weighed 105 lbs. The vet told me he was equivalent to the growth of a 12 year old boy and has a long ways to go