Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 04-07-2011, 06:03 PM
Taxiderpy

Ugh. When we buy a house I'm building a 6 foot concrete wall with shards of broken glass sticking up along the top. That'd keep the crooks and the cops the heck off my property.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:08 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

The story would not open up for me,

But either way that is a very sad thing to happen to the family of that dog. I could not imagine. I know my dogs would bark their heads off and Emme would posture.

When I get my own place Im building a large fence. With electricity running along the top lol

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 04-07-2011, 06:21 PM
BusterLove

Thats awful.
I don't think Buster would bite but he would put on a hell of a show if he suddenly found a bunch of people in the yard. Its ridiculous that dogs can be shot for acting that much like dogs.

Old 04-08-2011, 12:26 AM
F150 and a .30-06

From the article I dont thing the officer was in the wrong.

They are chasing a armed suspect. Chances are they're not going in with tasers in that situation. They had every right to enter the yard in pursuit of the suspect. It is also stated that the dog attacked the suspect. OK, "jumped on". However in that situation a growling Doberman jumping on a suspect is a threat to the officer. They do not have time to wait and see if this large powerful animal with teeth is about to attack. Yes the dog was protecting its home, as it has every right to. However the police also have every right to protect themselves from harm as well. That does not give them the right to go into random peoples yard for no reason. Some departments are not issued tasers. Yes there are bad cops out there. We all know this. But until you are in that situation facing a armed suspect fleeing from you and a dog who, from the sounds of it, was going to bite you, then you cant really say, well why didn't you shoot it in the foot.

I really do feel for the owner. It was a sad situation.

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 04-08-2011, 04:51 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat09Tails View Post

If the dog has teeth it's capable of biting,
and a man has a penis and is capable of raping, can we randomly shoot them too?

You had better believe that if someone enters my yard and shoots my dogs they are going to be facing a bullet too.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 04-08-2011, 01:47 PM
*Now with Snark*

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppydog View Post
and a man has a penis and is capable of raping, can we randomly shoot them too?

You had better believe that if someone enters my yard and shoots my dogs they are going to be facing a bullet too.
Don't be stupid. Sometimes in life *stuff* happens, it sucks sometimes more than we can imagine and yeah, sometimes it's not even fair. It doesn't ever give you the right to shoot a person at least not in most of the USA (not sure about Texas property laws.) The police dept in this case appears to be handling this the right way.

The police have a job to do, in case you're not familiar with how home invasions work that's where someone breaks into your house while you're home, ties you and your family up and if you're lucky just takes your stuff without killing, seriously injuring, or raping you or a family member. It requires a grown up evaluation of life to understand that a dog (yep even your dog) is not more important than a person, and especially not a police officer who is doing their job.

As far as your comment it's not about a random shooting it's about a behavior, a dog was interfering (possibly aggressively) and yeah got shot. If a man (or a woman) was behaving aggressively (or even possibly aggressively) you better believe I may use force if need be to neutralize a threat, penis or not. It doesn't matter to me that the person is someone you know and trust and "couldn't hurt anyone", just like it doesn't matter to me that your dog is one you know and trust "wouldn't bite anyone." If a dog has teeth and a working jaw it is capable of biting, to pretend that it just "doesn't have it in them" despite the behaviors to the contrary is simply delusional and will get someone hurt.