What makes men cry? The lost of an animal companion.

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
I know my husband still gets tears in his eyes when we talk about Traveler. Something really special happens when you connect so deeply with a pet.

Years ago my mom and dad had a golden/husky mix that got out and followed my dad to work unbeknownst to him. He worked at a post office right across the street but it's a busy street and he would walk to work everyday.

She got hit by a car and he came out to the sight a guy on the side of the rode holding her.

My dad was off for days after that and he still gets really depressed when he thinks about it.

I have no idea how he's going to handle Hannah passing because she is all his and I don't think he's ever had a connection with a dog like he does with her

I know when we found out Ella was sick, I locked myself in my truck in the garage and just BAWLED. I mean wretched stuff. Snot and tears. I did the same, the day we put here to sleep. I actually cried over her again this week. Men may not cry a lot, but when we do, it means a great deal.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I don't think I've ever really seen my dad cry before, but when we euthanized Blackie he did.

Cradling Blackie in my lap when he lost all motor movement control was hard enough...seeing my dad almost break down when he made the phone call was just as hard.

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
I don't doubt it - my mom said that when she took Dally in for her spay a guy was there having his dog put down and he was absolutely hysterical and shut down. The vet said that when he first showed up they said that they were running behind so he took the dog back to the car and I guess awhile later they couldn't find him, so they went to the parking lot and him and his dog were sleeping together in the back of the van. So sad!

The only time I've ever seen my dad cry was when we had to put my large pony down.

JacksonsMom

I had never seen my dad cry until our Golden, Daisy was put to sleep. That dog was HIS girl and was him through a lot of difficult times.... I was 14yrs old and it was the first time I'd ever seen him cry at that point but we just cried together the whole drive to the hospital to put her down. He couldn't even be in the room with her when they did it. Second time was when our GSD got put to sleep. He always says he's never gonna get dogs again after they pass because it's too hard to deal with losing them, but here he is again with two little dogs now! lol.

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
That and getting 3 really valuable paintings stolen out the back of his car!

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I rarely see my husband cry - out of the 3 times in the 7 years we've been together, 2 were pet related: when we had to euthanize Maggie, and when he realized Kes had swallowed a large cat toy and might need surgery (I don't think I've ever seen someone so happy to see dog vomit lol).

Doberluv

Oh gawd...my ex and I both sobbed uncontrollably when we had to put our GSD down. We buried him on our property and made a little grave site. He absolutely fell apart, right along with me and didn't get over it for a long time. He wasn't around when I had to put Bonnie, my Lab down, as by that time, I lived in another state with her.

Pops2

spanking my daughters and losing a good dog both do it for me. i feel pretty sure i wouldif something happened to my wife.
i had a good dog w/ a brain tumor chew the crap out of my right hand, i still cried like a baby when i put him down.

Members online

No members online now.