Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 10-16-2005, 04:32 PM
Whitedobelover

Default why does he not smell???

When prince is going to go potty he doesnt smell around unless it isnt a place he has every been to before. i mean like in downtown and so on. but my problem is i was sitting on my couch and he just walked in and just squatted and peed.... he had came inside and the door was open and he came in and peed.... i want to yell and scream at him.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:15 PM
Naturally Natural

what do you do when they DO go to the bathroom in the house? you said you caught him - what did you do?

what are you cleaning their accidents up with?

do they go to the bathroom in their crates?

where were these dogs kept before you got them?
Old 10-16-2005, 07:17 PM
Top Dog

u have a white doberman, hes gorgeous, but i hope you didnt request a white dobe from a breeder its dangerous(sorry out of topic)..and im sure you heard this before,just curious to how you got him
Old 10-16-2005, 07:23 PM
Naturally Natural

do you still have the doggie door?

one thing i would do is stop letting them use it. they need more structure and more frequent walks - right now free access to outside makes it another place to play -- they shouldnt play outside until they are done going to the bathroom. IMO, even if it means you take them out ever 15 minutes until they go, THEN they are allowed to run around and play. right now if they can go in and out when they please, they may not be differentiating what all the different areas are.

do they tend to go in one place more than another?

have you attempted to put bathroom habits to commands - instruct them to go when you tell them?
Old 10-16-2005, 08:09 PM
Whitedobelover

yes kim i still have the doggie door and he goes in and out all them time... he is out for thirty minutes and pees and comes in and does it again... Im like what the heck...

well this was in a place they never went before... as was the one time today....

When I caught him I said NO Prince... and I took him outside and showed the grass and walked out and said Go Potty Prince. and he just sat down and we stood outside for about 20 minutes and he just sat there didnt want to potty...

I take them out and they know to potty in this one area.... but it is like they know where to potty if i am standing there but the minute I walk away they pee and poop where they want....

It is Prince not really tasneem She knows that she can go to the top of the stairs and bark and we will let her out... he doesnt show signs of needingto go he just can be playing with tasneem in the house and turn around and squat and pee... ....hmmm until they learn to potty outside permenantly I will take them out and make sure they go before i come in... but dang it is like 40 degrees here... i freeze todeath... but it is worth it to have them potty outside finally....
Old 10-16-2005, 10:00 PM
Top Dog

whitedobluver- u pm me to talk about it privately but then when i put down my issue you dont answer back...
Old 10-16-2005, 11:10 PM
Whitedobelover

that is because poe i have a life off this website LOL
Old 10-16-2005, 11:13 PM
Top Dog

well you had enough time to write me this huge explanation..so do i buddy!
and my names not poe, thats my dogs name. i just changed my name today
Old 10-16-2005, 11:15 PM
Whitedobelover

i aint your buddy... and i dont have time for you or anyone... i come here for answer... of things i havent experienced yet... other than that... i do have a life off this website...now if you can let my thread get back to where it was do it... if you dont like it start another thread plz because i have asked a specific question which doesnt include anything youve said...
Old 10-16-2005, 11:19 PM
Top Dog

buddy is a figure of speech..beleive me i dont mean it in the way where im calling someone from the internet who i dont know a friend. You obviously knew i didnt mean it that way but thats beside the point...well if you dont have time for me stoop responding, and let me find out if people who have albino breeds risk that dogs life in asking for a white one or not..
*p.s/...i aske dthis because i thought it would be simple..you say "oh thats ok i got a white dob because.." but you have to take it the wrong way i guess.
I guess since you took a simple question the wrong way i should have started a new thread..i just wanted the answer from another point of view someone who has a whit dob and i didnt know if you would answer
sorry wont talk to you again