Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 06-27-2011, 06:44 PM
Active Pup

Default Am I doing this right?

I am the proud new owner of a 7.5 week old APBT named Mollie. So far she has been a good girl with housetraining, though she is a lazy girl and it is easy to get her out as soon as she is up.

She is fed 3 times a day, breakfast and dinner being smaller quantities than lunch. Also, seeing as I am out of the house from 7-4 she is staying with my mother during the day. How long until she can be home by herself? I am able to come home around 12:30 to let her out, but because she is still so small my mom is watching her all day.

Finally, Mollie is currently sleeping in bed with me. I find its a bit easier than having her in a crate as I am a heavy sleeper and its a bit of a hassle having her in a crate where I may or may not hear her get up.

Is there something I should or should not do? Its been so long since ive housetrained a puppy!
Old 06-28-2011, 10:24 AM
Love my pets

A pup needs to go potty frequently. Usually if they are crate trained, you can leave them in a crate an hour longer than how old they are in months once potty trained. So if she is 2 months old and potty trained, she could stay up to 3 hours in the crate.

There's lots of info on this board about potty training effectively if you do a search.