Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 03-16-2011, 10:47 PM
Felurian

Default Dog Saves Family in Fire, But . . . .

Because Diamond is an APBT, even though she's proven herself, refusing to run out to safety, staying with the youngest child until rescuers got her out, twenty landlords have said "No," even after initially telling her family that pets were okay.

Hero dog now homeless because she's a pit bull | wbir.com

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-16-2011, 11:33 PM
Top Dog

No surprise there.

I've run out of every emotion except the "angry" one when it comes to attitudes about these dogs.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:38 PM
Felurian

I think it really hit me extra hard because Diamond looks so much like 'Llulah I'd probably be just as ill over it if she didn't though.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-17-2011, 12:21 AM
Top Dog

She place her body over the child to protect the child from being burned. That is utterly amazing and hopefully this story would gain attention and an apartment would let them stay. It is so sad how so many apartments don't allow pit bulls. That is one reason why pit bulls are so hard to place.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:24 AM
Top Dog

This is why I won't be getting a bully breed until I own my own home. I just don't want to risk something like this happening. Gavroche was even accused of being a put bull at the first apartment I lived (that guy got a lecture, and I even pulled out my DNA test saying he's Boxer and Scottie to "prove" it ).

That's just such a terrible situation. The poor dog, and the poor family.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:04 AM
*Now with Snark*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
This is why I won't be getting a bully breed until I own my own home. I just don't want to risk something like this happening.
It's a novel plan, however sometimes it causes problems when going to find home owners insurance as well. I can't count how many insurance companies it took my brother going through before his rott mix became a lab mix.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:10 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat09Tails View Post
It's a novel plan, however sometimes it causes problems when going to find home owners insurance as well. I can't count how many insurance companies it took my brother going through before his rott mix became a lab mix.
Yes, there's that too. And I think that's a load of crap as well.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:31 AM
petperson

That's just pitiful. Poor Diamond! Around here, we just had another pit bull attack. Kind of hard to disentangle the story, but apparently this male bit his owner and another person in the home. Was he trying to defend one of his puppies? Against the owner? Odd story, and of course, more fuel for the BSL fire.

'Severely bitten' woman taken to the hospital after dog bite in suburban Lake Worth

But Diamond is obviously a beloved and valued member of the family. She saved a baby's life! Even badly burned, she protected that little child! How many human beings could or would do that? I sure hope her family finds a place to live with this good, good girl.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:50 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat09Tails View Post
Hartford Ins. canceled my homeowners because of Bimmer.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian