Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 10-15-2004, 08:46 PM
Top Dog

Exclamation Pit Bull Ban..oh No

Well guys..it seems like Ontario has a big problem on its hands..Michael Bryant has announced that he wants our pitties OUTTA this province for good.. however, with that being said, he can't do squat until the law is passed in parliament...SO...there is still hope:

Write in to the MPs please..I beg you guys..every letter, email, phone call will make a huge impact...here's the contact information:

http://olaap.ontla.on.ca/laompp/daCurMbr.do?locale=en

heres another site in case the above doesn't load:
http://leonarddomino.com/mpp_contact_list.htm

And here are some polls that are going to be kept track of...meaning they are quite important... ESPECIALLY THE FIRST ONE!: Please vote NO to banning pit bulls!

http://www.pulse24.com/Plugins/Web_P...l-question.asp
http://www.canada.com/toronto/index.html?rfp=dta
http://www.canada.com/ottawa/ottawacitizen/index.html

Please help out as much as you can and crosspost this message to everyone in every forum you are a member in..it is a very crucial time for Ontario right now..please help as much as possible!

Last edited by pitbulliest; 10-15-2004 at 09:31 PM.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:27 PM
Are you dead yet?

Voted in the polls, the first one didn't work however, and even though I'm from the US I will continue to send e-mails.

I'm not sure of this.. What exactly does he plan to do with the pits that are already there?

Regardless, that's awful. I will do all I can to help.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:35 PM
Top Dog

I edited the link..it should work now.
The pit bulls which people currently have they WILL be able to keep..however..they must be muzzled at ALL times, are not allowed in ANY parks whatsoever..must always be on leash...and if anyone feels threatened in any way by your dog, the police DOES have permission to put the dog to sleep..no questions asked!

Not to mention, the dogs in shelters will most likely all have to be put down...and the pit bull breed will just end up going extinct in Ontario...because of ignorant, stupid..PEOPLE*

*takes a deep breath and steps off of soap box and starts crying*
!!!!
Old 10-15-2004, 10:12 PM
Are you dead yet?

I am SO angry and upset about this, even though I don't own a pittie.. Pit Bulls are not killing machines, just dogs. If they ban Pits, they might as well ban GSD's and Labradors as well, because they are just as capable of biting and severely hurting someone.
"ticking time bombs"? Give me a friggin break.
I'll vote in the first poll now..

Jeez, why can't they just figure it out that banning ALL pit bulls isn't the answer? **sigh**
Old 10-16-2004, 10:05 AM
Felurian

How about all the biting Chihuahuas and other small breeds that are allowed to bite with no recriminations?

When are these unspeakable idiots going to figure it out: it's the OWNERS, not the breed?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-16-2004, 01:52 PM
aka RedHotBabe

The thing that peeves me the most is that it's humorous when the smaller breeds growl and bite and nip and snap, but just having the "dangerous" breeds around is a threat. They are all dogs with teeth. They can all bite.

Quote:
"ticking time bombs"? Give me a friggin break.
That's like the rumour that when Dobermas turn two their brains grow too big for their head and they turn on you. ::rolls eyes::

Going to vote now...
Old 10-16-2004, 08:11 PM
Are you dead yet?

Ah gawd, I got some of that "brain too big for their head" thing when I had Buddy (Wolf/lab x) He had a strange dent in his head (we thought from being hit with a baseball bat) and when he started turning on us, and basically forgetting who we were, that vet said that it was his brain growing and being crushed by that dent.

I believed it for a while, but then I wondered "WHY THE HECK did it start when he was 4y/o?"

I'll see if I can vote again today.
Old 10-16-2004, 09:51 PM
Felurian

The idiots are winning on that first poll - by 46% as of 10:00 p.m. eastern standard time Saturday night.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-16-2004, 10:25 PM
My Ginger Bread Cookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
How about all the biting Chihuahuas and other small breeds that are allowed to bite with no recriminations?

When are these unspeakable idiots going to figure it out: it's the OWNERS, not the breed?
WOW Renee you hit the nail on the head, I have always said its the owners fault not the animals. To me if you give them love then they will grow up being wonderful pets. I have known several people with pitbulls, and the pits were very loving dogs, cause they raised them to be that way. It seriously makes me very angry when they blame the dogs and not the owners
Old 10-17-2004, 11:27 AM
Love my pets

I just vote! Why can't people wake up! I have a bull terrier mix and will be getting a pb mix next year. They are the most loving dogs I've met. I went to a K9 pro sports competition last year. A breeder there introduced me to her pit bull. I asked if she was friendly; the reply was yes. I pet and the next thing I knew she couldn't stop kissing me. It was the sweetest dog and one who also did well in the competition. Any dog can be dangerous depending on how it is raised. The public needs to educate itself before making such rash decisions.