Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-13-2011, 05:03 PM
Top Dog

Default meetup.com?

Anyone use this? The concept is cool, but uggh, seems like none of the groups have any upcoming meetups!! What the heck!

Also, there is one group I am in for singles...and I was browsing through the member list & there is someone that...well...I would not mind meeting There aren't any upcoming things...so I was wondering, do you think people contact each other through that? Is that super stalker if I were to email him? What the heck would I say? Any advice? Or will I just come off as a creeper?

Thanks Jessie!

Old 03-13-2011, 05:53 PM
Top Dog

I belong to a meetup group that does off-leash hiking with dogs. It's very active though - at least one meeting a week, usually 2 or 3. I ran across it by accident, and had never heard of meetup before that.

Not sure how to go about the singles thing - maybe propose a meetup activity and see if that person signs on for it?

My Boys
Chowder: 9 year old Chow mix
Eli: 2 year old Lab/Shar pei/Corgi mystery mutt
Old 03-13-2011, 07:29 PM
Twin 2.0

I ADORE Meetup.com. This is where I've met pretty much everyone I know in Denver and definitely where I've grown my businesses. I'm in a bunch of dog-centric ones, a bunch of business development ones and then there are those that combine the two.

I'm sure people email each other all the time from that, just be like "hey, I've noticed this meetup hasn't met in a while, do you know when the next meetup might happen?" These groups are run by individual people, who get busy, who forget they have a group to run, etc. etc.

Who needs sleep?

CrazyDog Photography CrazyDog on Facebook
Scent Sweet Home--Scentsy Wickless Candles Follow me!-Fall/Winter 2013 catalogs available!
Have Aussie, Will Travel--A Blog updated 5/26/12

Thanks Alliemackie!
Old 03-13-2011, 09:11 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
I ADORE Meetup.com. This is where I've met pretty much everyone I know in Denver and definitely where I've grown my businesses. I'm in a bunch of dog-centric ones, a bunch of business development ones and then there are those that combine the two.

I'm sure people email each other all the time from that, just be like "hey, I've noticed this meetup hasn't met in a while, do you know when the next meetup might happen?" These groups are run by individual people, who get busy, who forget they have a group to run, etc. etc.
yah, i just signed up for some dog ones too! Although, we'll see how Oakley does, haha.

As for the email...he isn't the organizer or anything, just a member...

Thanks Jessie!

Old 03-13-2011, 09:41 PM
and Spy.

Maybe instead of emailing just him, you could propose a meet up for the group and hope he comes along If he doesn't then propose another

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.