AlliePets has a brand new site!

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Hooray!!!

http://www.alliepets.com

This has been a rough ride - I spent almost ALL of my free time in the past week coding this baby. Running on Wordpress as a CMS, using an existing theme but I had to code the HECK out of it to get it the way I wanted.

That said, I am VERY pleased with the results and very pleased with the final look. :) I'm very proud of myself, as an amateur web designer a lot of this was new territory (mostly the PHP).

Go browse and peruse! If you guys see anything out of place or if something looks wonky on your browser, please tell me? I have a few coding kinks to work out over the weekend, and I just discovered that the site is a little too wide on standard netbook resolutions, so I'll be fixing that as well.

My web guy left on a week-long cruise this morning (I have wondrous timing) so for now the domain is redirecting to a subdomain, but that'll be fixed next Monday.

I'll be kicking of a sale on Monday to celebrate; stay tuned! Thanks as always for your amazing patronage. <3 Chazzers are my rock.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
That dragon version of Finn? AMAZING!!!!!!

.... halfway tempted to get a dragon version of Revy!

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
That dragon version of Finn? AMAZING!!!!!!

.... halfway tempted to get a dragon version of Revy!
Thanks! It's a newish type of commission I'm just about to start offering. :) They're SO much fun. Did you see the Doberman dragon? I referenced some of your awesome dobe playtime photos for that one! <3

I'd be happy to do a corgi dragon, I think that'd be a VERY fun challenge.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I'm not sure which I like better, the IzzieFoo or Finndragon :D
I really want to put a spotlight on the fantasy portraits soon. They are so freaking fun, and there are SO many mythical beasts to choose from... there's one for every breed!

Oh those are sooo nice! The layout is very well-done. Effort well spent. And Ella is there! :D
Thank you! And of course, I loves teh Ella. :)

I really want to put a spotlight on the fantasy portraits soon. They are so freaking fun, and there are SO many mythical beasts to choose from... there's one for every breed!
Hmmmm . . . . Pittiegryphon? Filasphynx? Filagryphon?

One of these days I'm going to do something really stupid . . . name a Fila pup Puca. Now, how would Allie draw a Puca? :D

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Hmmmm . . . . Pittiegryphon? Filasphynx? Filagryphon?

One of these days I'm going to do something really stupid . . . name a Fila pup Puka.
Inuit mythology has a TON of dog-based creatures, too, as does Welsh mythology. On top of existing mythical dog creatures, there's sooo many other mythical beasts that could have a doglike look.

The Izzie foo dog, for example, is actually based on the Chinese foo dog statues that guard the Ming dynasty gates. Finn's is based on a few old illustrations of Chinese dragons.

I REALLY want to experiment with gyphons, where the dog is blended with a fitting bird and somehow fix it so the dog's head and hind legs are doggish and the rest is bird.

Somewhere, I have a set of Karashishi that look very much like IzzyFoo, lol. I'm trying to teach myself to carve/etch the essence of the Chinese dragons for tags. It's hard when your hands won't say what your mind is seeing though :(

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Somewhere, I have a set of Karashishi that look very much like IzzyFoo, lol. I'm trying to teach myself to carve/etch the essence of the Chinese dragons for tags. It's hard when your hands won't say what your mind is seeing though :(
Too true! I have days where I have to throw in the towel with portraits because my brain just won't connect to my hands. :D Luckily for me, art blocks usually don't last more than a day.

I hope you don't mind, but sometimes, when I'm stuck, your linework helps me get unstuck :) It helps me to sort out, in my head, where I'm making it more difficult than it should be, even though what I'm trying to do doesn't bear any relation to what you've drawn :hail:

Members online

No members online now.