Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 10-27-2004, 06:09 AM
Labrador lover!!!!!

Talking

Ive got a puppy kong and i think they arr very good i put little treats in the kong and Lucky is there for age's trying to get the (sweet)out!!!!!
TRhey are very good toy's!!!!!I havent havent had no probb's!!
6 bunnies~fluffy, muffin,bugsy, buttons,twigglets,forsty
2 gerbils~cheese and pickels
2 g.pigs~buzz and dizzy
Old 10-27-2004, 07:52 AM
Love my pets

Before I even knew about the peanut butter, I put small dog biscuits inside the Kong. My dogs keep rolling, pushing, picking up & dropping the Kong trying to get the biscuits out. They have a good time amusing themselves. I now put peanut butter in them which they love.
Old 10-27-2004, 05:13 PM
Andy

umm i tried to "make" her chew on the kong and she doesnt like it cuz i think its a little too big for her liking. she puts her teeth on it and it slides off and makes that squeaking noise. just like, you know when you try to bite....a balloon (not that ive tried this before). and you just cant get a hold of it. youre teeth just slide off and makes that squeak noise. welll its the same exact thing as that. she cant get a good enough grip on it with her teeth. do you have any suggestions on how to help this problem?
Old 10-28-2004, 07:52 AM
Felurian

Try giving it a good scrubbing with a mild dish soap. Make sure you rinse it and rinse it to get all the soapy taste off of it, then try rubbing a little bacon grease, or butter (not margarine - you shouldn't even be eating margarine) on it to entice her. The scrubbing should dull the heavily polished finish enough to stop the tooth squeaking.

It may be that she's still too small and won't really get fascinated with it until she's a little bigger.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-28-2004, 02:32 PM
Andy

ok thank you renee ill try that. and wont the butter on the kong rub onto my carpet?
Old 10-28-2004, 07:47 PM
Felurian

Give it to her in a room without carpet or on an old sheet.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-29-2004, 04:46 AM
Terrier Lover!

Hmmmm... Kongs!

My dogs love their kongs so much that I can never find them to "fill" them! They eat out the peanut butter etc. that I put in.. and then bury/hide them like a special bone, LOL!

Haven't seen either kong for several weeks... and haven't felt like hunting for them... but did happen across this site for lots of treat ideas... as well as "kong stuffing ideas" that I saved for when I do find the kongs again!

Hope this will help some of the "kong stuffers" with some new ideas!
http://www.bowchow.com/treatref.html