Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-04-2011, 07:46 PM
Top Dog

Default Advice, Vibes, anything please - Boo issue

Boo is "leaking," for lack of a better term. Every time she gets up there's a puddle where she had been. It just cropped up today, and I don't know if the fact that I gave her a good brushing just before I noticed this could have triggered it.

She's not old, but not young (5-7 maybe?) and this has never happened before.

Calling the vet when it opens tomorrow. Until then, can anyone help me lessen my panicking? I'm terrified that I did something to cause this, because she was perfectly fine yesterday and even early this afternoon.

She wouldn't let me take her temp, but I can't say I've ever tried before, so I don't know if she's hurting or just intolerant.

My Hiking Blog: http://thehikinghokie.blogspot.com/
Old 03-04-2011, 07:52 PM
Top Dog

Oh no... I hope she's okay. Hopefully it's something minor- ((vibes)) . Keep us updated!

Erin Bell
Milford, Ct

mom of Jude Nathaniel, Jonah Samuel, and puppy in the sky- Francis Gabriel
expecting baby girl from Ethiopia in 2015!
my site
Old 03-04-2011, 09:17 PM
petperson

Probably not anything major. Let's hope the vet says, "Oh, that's just (fill in the easy-to-fix blank). Here, give her these pills."
Old 03-04-2011, 09:27 PM
orange iguanas.

It could be incontinence... it's not just a senior dog problem, Juno was only 18 months old when she became incontinent. It was very sudden too, I had never noticed issues with her and then all of a sudden she started peeing during her sleep.

I'm sure it's something simple, in any case

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 03-04-2011, 09:48 PM
Top Dog

I sure hope so. I'll let you know what the prognosis is tomorrow.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:53 PM
Wild At Heart

It could be incontinence or a UTI. Harleigh is slightly incontinent, but had a little problem with UTI's. Our fix? Cranberry pills. It is seriously AMAZING. She has had 0 problems since putting her on them. There have been dogs that were severely incontinent and this has been a life saver. I definitely recommend them if Boo is not already on them.

This is mainly about RV's, but it might help you and it does mention CranCaps in it
Recessed Vulvas - A Must Read!!!
Recessed/Inverted Vulvas and Chronic Infections | Hearty Pet Talkin***039; Tails Blog

I get mine from Vitamin World - these. Patty says that its better for it to be fruit instead of juice extract. Of course, I'd still go to the Vet and see what they say, but just thought I would throw this out there because it has been a lifesaver here and for many, many other people!!!

Good luck and I hope she feels better soon!!!

Harleigh <3
Old 03-04-2011, 10:30 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiluvsu15 View Post
It could be incontinence or a UTI.
This. I'm dealing with the same issue with mu. I freaked out (multiple times lol) but she's absolutely fine. Try and take a urine sample in with you so they can test it for you. And don't worry! Boo'll probably go on antibiotics and be fine. ((((Hugs))))

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 03-05-2011, 08:50 AM
Top Dog

I'm sure it won't be anything serious. Spay incontinence in dogs her age is really fairly common. I'm sure it's nothing you did. If it is that, a little estrogen therapy will fix her right up. Don't worry.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-05-2011, 09:07 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

((((((HUGS)))))))
I hope it's nothing serious!

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 03-05-2011, 06:06 PM
Top Dog

Thanks guys. After two anxiety pills, two leashes attached to a collar and a harness, and one leash looped under her belly, we were able to push, pull, and somehow maneuver Boo into the vet clinic. Even with her doggie Xanax, she thought the world was about to end when the vet tried to take her temperature. Se snapped at the vet twice, and spent the entire time attempting to climb (not too gracefully) into my lap. It makes me feel horrible, because from their perspective, she seems like a mental case of a dog with owners who aren't too much better! But then they don't get to see the real (utterly adorable, and practically perfect in every way) Boo that we see every day.

Vitals looked good and she had a urinalysis done. White blood cell count wass a bit high, as were her pH levels, so they think it may be an early case of UTI, but aren't 100% sure. Either way, she's on antibiotics for ten days, and we'll regroup then if the test results don't change.

Also, I noticed that poor Boo has a giant "WATCH" written on her records... Next trip will be 3 anxiety pills and nothing but treats from the staff.

But I'm counting my graces that it seems to be nothing big.