Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Rescue Forum

Old 03-02-2011, 03:45 PM
Active Pup

Default Putting my Dog Up for Adoption

Hello,
We as room mates got a dog and had him for about a year but we are all going different paths and none of us wants to keep the dog. Everyone else just says we should take him to the pound and put him up for adoption, but I feel that's inhumane and he will probably be put down. He is extremely energetic and hard to control. Is there any solution out there to give him to another family? Will be willing to pay what it takes to make sure he doesnt get put down. Thank you.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:50 PM
swimming upstream

have you tried contacting any rescue groups? They may be able to help you out. I hope in the future you really consider if you have the time to devote to a dog for long term, before bringing one home.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Sit! Good dog.

This makes me sad

But I'm glad you've enquired. Maybe post more details - what is he, how old, where from, has he met other animals, kids etc? What training have you done, what does he need more training with?

Etc.

And I echo the thinkin before buying. Dogs are family.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein