Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-15-2011, 03:06 PM
Tweleve Enthusiest

Default Ares could use some vibes

He's been limping today, kind of off and on. As far as I can figure it's much more severe after he jumps off something.

He does have arthritis in his withers area, which has caused him some front end unsoundness in the past, as well as has caused some hind end wobbling(we suspect he shifts his weight off his front end and his hind end can't support it).

This looks different though. When he lands, his first few steps he'll be noticeably favoring a hind leg, then it kind of evens out a bit and it's hard to tell exactly which leg he's favoring. I'm inclined to think maybe his arthritis is worsening, especially considering jumping off things would probably aggravate the withers. But I'm not understanding why he'd be very obviously favoring a hind leg the way he is. And it isn't always the same hind leg.

I'm going to give it a couple days and try to keep him quiet and minimize the jumping as best I can before taking him in. Maybe I'll try increasing his MSM?

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team
Old 02-15-2011, 04:13 PM
Top Dog

Could be his back...
Old 02-15-2011, 04:23 PM
Love My Mutt <3

oh goodness All the vibes for Ares to feel better, and that it is nothing too serious.

((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))) here if you need it

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 02-15-2011, 05:04 PM
Felurian

~~~~~~Vibes~~~~~~ for your boy, that it's something passing and will heal up, like maybe he's bruised himself on something

Oh, and I've read that vitamin C helps MSM work better. Might be worth checking into.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-15-2011, 05:06 PM
Tweleve Enthusiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
like maybe he's bruised himself on something
That's entirely possible...or strained or twisted...he's been remarkably stupid about the stairs lately. Spring fever has turned his brain to mush.

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team
Old 02-15-2011, 05:56 PM
Top Dog

Awww...poor Ares. Vibes being sent. It could be anything and hopefully, it will pass. Do you have any Rimadyl on hand? Sometimes, when Jose` does something to himself, (Chuli seems to be tough as nails) I'll give him a small dose once or twice and it really takes down the inflamation fast. I don't like using too much of that, but one or two doses sometimes does wonders. It's good that his jumping is being curtailed. I've been working hard to intercept by two in the morning when they're about to jump off my bed and lift them down instead. Just because they're getting older and I worry about them jumping from such a high place. (My bed is extra high) The couch is low and seems to be a piece of cake to them. So, I hope with some days of rest, Ares will feel better. Usually, these things pass. They sure know how to worry us, don't they.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-15-2011, 09:37 PM
Top Dog

((((VIBES)))) for Ares (and you, I know it's hard)
Old 02-15-2011, 09:41 PM
Ferret Keeper

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<,,vibes>>>>>>>>>>>>>> hope he feels better soon I know my arthritis has been given me heck lately
Old 02-16-2011, 05:52 AM
overdogged

Poor Ares. I hope he's feeling better soon!
and Bean FDCh-S
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 02-16-2011, 06:44 AM
Top Dog

****Vibes**** for Ares. Tell him no more jumping off the stairs! Mu and Tipper do that and nearly give me a heart attack and they're completely sound (in body anyway ). Oh, and (((hugs))) for you, try not to worry too much.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013