Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Rainbow Bridge - Dog Memorials

Old 02-22-2011, 08:19 AM
Top Dog

Default My Boy is Gone

Jabroni has crossed over. I feel like i'm in a daze and hazy. I can't believe my boy is no longer with me and I truly thought we would grow old together but his life got cut short and i'm trying to piece my life back together and stay strong for my other boys. Hank is having a really hard time adjusting to having his friend gone. My heart is broken
To make it worse Snoopy is no longer with me too. He hasn't crossed over, but trying to figure out Jabroni, we thought it was best to have Snoopy live elsewhere where he would not be at risk. I lost my two firends in the span of a month

Old 02-22-2011, 08:50 AM
swimming upstream

oh Ivy, I'm so sorry. What happened? It is so hard to let them go--but especially when it is earlier than you expect. ((HUGS))
Old 02-22-2011, 09:12 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter'smybaby View Post
oh Ivy, I'm so sorry. What happened? It is so hard to let them go--but especially when it is earlier than you expect. ((HUGS))

Well, we have been battling his severe separation anxiety since day one. Then for the last year or so his temperament towards the other resident dog became very volitile and unpredicatble. One minute he would be playing or sleeping and the next second he would be angry trying to bite and acting nasty. He has bitten several of the other dogs, breaking skin and we were nervous that it would eventually escalte to a full on battle. Thank god that the bigger guys wouldn't fight back but we were also scared that one day they would have enough of his attitude and hurt him or vice versa.
We noticed that Jabroni and Snoopy would scrap it out the most so for Snoopy's (and Jabroni's sake) we decided to re-home Snoopy so he could live in peace and not be at risk of getting hurt. He is also a more adaptable happy go lucky boy compared to Jabroni. Then Jabroni seemed to be better once Snoopy was gone, then it went back downhill after a couple of weeks or so. And becaue of Jabroni's temperament issues and separation anxiety he is not a good candidate for rescue as he was also begining to give us people warnings barring teetha and growling at us. We got all the possible blood, thyroid and urine test to see if there was something wrong and everything came up clean. So then we got a behaviourist and she is under the impression that his mind is not all there.
I don't think Jabroni was ever truly happy as a dog should be, so we decided for his sake and the others that it would be best to let him go before he got seriously hurt or hurt another dog or a person.

I miss him so much......
Old 02-22-2011, 09:19 AM
swimming upstream

tough decision, but sounds like you made the right decision for everyone. I know it doesn't make the pain go away.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:05 AM
The Littlest Hound

oh Ivy, I'm so sorry you know I always enjoyed photos of him - he will be missed.

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CCH 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage CA

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 02-22-2011, 10:14 AM
Behavior Nerd

Oh Ivy, I'm so sorry. It does sound like you made the most humane decision for your boy, but I know that doesn't make the pain hurt less.

I'm sure Jabroni is at the Bridge now, happy and free of his demons.((((hugs))))

Old 02-22-2011, 10:40 AM
Top Dog

I am so sorry. ((((hugs)))) RIP Jabroni.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 02-22-2011, 11:09 AM
Felurian

Oh, Ivy . . . . ((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))

And yes, I'm sitting here with tears trickling with you.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-22-2011, 11:16 AM
Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One

I know it won't make the pain go away, but you did the right thing.

((((((HUGS))))

Rest in Peace, and enjoy your life at the Rainbow bridge Jabroni
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:17 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

I am so sorry. You are a GREAT dog mom for making such a hard and necessary decision.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/