Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 02-21-2011, 09:19 AM
just call me Nilly

Default Going to meet her this weekend!

So this week Matt FINALLY agreed to a second cat! I know I mentioned that the house might "come with" a cat, and I've started to sincerely hope that the owners take Ben with them, for many many reasons. Not to mention it's incredibly irresponsible to just move and leave a cat behind. I'm going to confirm with the current owners and make sure we're all clear on what's going on.

I'd started back in November or December, e-mailing around and putting the feelers out about an adult female ragdoll. I even posted about one here already, but that breeder gave me a really bad impression and I moved on. I've been talking to a breeder for a while now, about this female that has just had her last litter and been spayed, and is ready for a forever home. Her name is September, and Matt and I are taking the drive up on Sunday to meet her! I can't wait

We already talked to the breeder about the whole house thing, and that we think we should wait to take her until we've settled in a bit, and she's fine holding on to her until we're ready. Basically if we love her when we meet her, it's a done deal! WHEE!

Oh, and did I mention that she shares the same birthday as me? And September is the month Matt and I got married? (We'd probably change her name though... September is a bit of a mouthful).

I'm going to take a TON of pictures on Sunday, I'll be sure to update then!

Julia: Mom to Sierra (adorable mutt - Basset x Cattledog is our best guess these days) Buddy (noisy but awesome DSH tabby cat) and Carter (adorable human baby) RIP Nya 1994(?) - 2010
Old 02-21-2011, 09:24 AM
Hits the Mark

Eeeee! What a gorgeous blue eyed baby!! We just got a cat tree for Nobu yesterday so excited for you!

Rachel McWhirter
WetPaint Productions

Chek Out Aero's YouTube Page!

The Fetching Merle Blog

Add Me on DogDayzz! ID:Rachel #13971
Old 02-21-2011, 10:01 AM
just call me Nilly

I'm pretty excited, I can't wait to meet her!

Julia: Mom to Sierra (adorable mutt - Basset x Cattledog is our best guess these days) Buddy (noisy but awesome DSH tabby cat) and Carter (adorable human baby) RIP Nya 1994(?) - 2010
Old 02-21-2011, 10:36 AM
treehugging clicker freak

she's gorgeous!!! I hope everything works out, I can't wait to see more pictures!!!
Oh, and for the name... What about just shortening it to Ember? Just a thought,

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 02-21-2011, 10:48 AM
just call me Nilly

I hadn't thought of that! Cute! Her registered name is "Autumn Glow" so there's potential there as well. Matt and I also considered names that are relative to our wedding. We got married at Trillium Resort, so Trillium (shortened to Trill) is top of that list atm. I like September, it's just too long for an everyday call name.

Old 02-21-2011, 03:05 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Oh, what a GORGEOUS cat!!! I hope you hit it off, and can bring her home!

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 02-21-2011, 04:23 PM
Top Dog

She's gorgeous & Ember does go with Autumn Glow - just think of the embers during a nice fall night bonfire.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:27 PM
just call me Nilly

Well, she's certainly beautiful, but she isn't the cat we're looking for. She couldn't have cared less if we were there or not, she is BUSY (like WOAH), and doesn't seem to like being held.

I'm so disappointed. I'm glad that Matt is at least continuing to keep the door open for communication about finding the right cat for us. I was expecting him to just shut down and say "Okay, no cat then."

Old 02-27-2011, 06:31 PM
swimming upstream

oh that is too bad--but better to figure it out before bringing her home, eh? Now you know you can still search.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:47 PM
just call me Nilly

It's definitely good that we figured it out before putting any money on her. Ultimately, more than not being a fit for us, she would totally overwhelm Buddy and drive him crazy! She would not be a good companion for him, which is the primary goal.