Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 02-15-2011, 02:51 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Default RIP, Cinnamon :(

My betta died. I'm really sad, he seemed so healthy! He was always so lively, and loved to swim around all the time, he wasn't one of those bettas that just sits in one place, never moving. He loved all the space he had, and never seemed sick at all, but I noticed Saturday morning that I couldn't see him, and then I looked closer, and he was at the bottom of the tank (I thought dead fish float....?) and his little fins weren't moving.

RIP, Cinnamon...

Today, I got 5 new fish! 3 balloon bellied mollies (a pearl white female, an orange striped female, and blue/silver striped male), and two gouramis (turquoise, and red both male). They're all gorgeous, and I have pictures of them, but not uploaded yet. I'll get them on the computer asap!

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 02-16-2011, 01:03 AM
Durp Dog

Awe rip Cinnamon!

The Mollies lol, maybe a stupid ? but are you keeping the male with the females? I had 5 black Mollies, they were supposed to be all female. You see where this is going, we woke up one day to a BILLION little baby fish one day! There were 300 babys easily, this was yrs ago I don't remember what happened but I know the babies didn't make it. I think the adults may have ate them or they just died. It may have been water quality, I was just a kid and didn't know anything about how to properly take care of fish (water tests, adjusting the levels, heaters, ect.).

Soooo be very careful, rabbits and cats have NOTHING on fish omg. Can't wait for pics!
Old 02-16-2011, 01:59 AM
Puppy Dog

Ah I'm sorry I love fish, and hate when they die. I am in need of another bottom feeder fish, I went to get one last time I went grocery shopping but the lady was too busy to help me hopefully next time!

I love guppy fish, we actually got guppies when my husband and I got married, they were actually at our wedding, sitting on each table for people to view. We got them that day. I don't think we have any of the original fish still, but we have a lot of babies and a few generations in now It's actually quite cool and I'm rather happy we decided to get them on our wedding day
Old 02-16-2011, 06:15 AM
Blue_Dog

Aww I'm sorry about Cinnamon, I hate when bettas die. They actually have personality. <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dixie's_Mom~ View Post
He was always so lively, and loved to swim around all the time
Nearly all bettas are lively when in the proper set up with plenty of space and warm & clean water.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:18 AM
Love my pets

I'm so sorry to hear about Cinnamon.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:38 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Thanks all!

DogKisses, holy crap, that's crazy! O_O The lady who got the fish out for me told me that they're live bearers, but that in order to really get any babies, I'd have to put the pregnant female in one of those little breeder things that you set on the side of the tank, so that the babies would fall into the grate, so the mom (or other fish) couldn't eat them. And that unless I WANTED babies, that keeping them together shouldn't be a problem, and that groups of 2 females + 1 male were pretty common.

I guess we'll see! If I wake up and am over-run with babies, I'll have to separate them. XD

Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Old 02-16-2011, 07:03 PM
treehugging clicker freak

haha... totally not true! The babies have ways of hiding until they're big enough not to get eaten I have about 40 feeder guppies right now, that started off as 4 feeder guppies I bought to feed the class frog, and he only ate one (and then he died). And it's been maybe a month. Maybe. And the tank only has half and half water
They. Won't. Stop

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 02-16-2011, 07:11 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

RIP little Cinnamon.

We had two black mollies and ended up with a bajillion tiny baby mollies. LOL We just took the extra in to Petsmart, and the rest ended up getting eaten or died. Luckly we only had the one batch as the male died, too, but HOLY COW I can't imagine having had even more. We woke up one morning and the tank was just crawling with little black things.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:27 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

O_O YIKES!!!! Guess I'm in for it because she said she thought the orange female looked like she was already pregnant (and she really does). What the hell!!!!!!!! I'll just have to sex them all, and separate the males, I guess. XD My mom was just saying how she'd like to have some fish downstairs, so I'll have to set something up for her.