Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-10-2005, 10:49 AM
OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!

Default PetsMart

I was wondering who has done PetsMart training and if it was worth your money to do so? B/c the 2 cities on each side of where I live have a PetsMart but one is about 10 minutes longer to get to. The shorter one is in Newnan (like yall know where that is) and the longer one is in Fayetteville, but anywho I really wanted to go to PetsMart to get some more training done w/ Dallas.
I do believe PetsMart in Newnan is like my 2nd home LOL b/c I love going to PetsMart and everything. It smells weird sometimes but its like walking in and saying "I'm home" LOL But anyways please any questions above and advice is welcome. Thanks
Old 10-10-2005, 11:30 AM
Walks into Mordor

My cousins took their dogs to Petsmart training and loved it. They said it was wonderful. But to be honest, their dogs are not especially obedient. But that definately could be the fault of the owner and not the trainer.

They have Petco training here, and I'm not impressed. I've seen them practicing, and while some things about it are great, others are not. For instance, one dog kept barking at the other dogs. The trainer told the owner to give the dog a treat whenever he barks, to distract and "soothe" him. So basically, reward the barking.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:34 AM
Top Dog

It depends a lot on the training. I've been to petco classes three times because I like the trainer, but honestly most people won't learn anything during the classes, it's mostly for socialization anyway. Just in my opinion, but people who really learn things there are often the ones who believe the trainer will do everything for them anyway and end up quitting or with a dog that has no manners.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:40 AM
OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!

Well Dallas does great w/ basic commands..but what kinda training does PetsMart do? the closes Petco to me is like an hour or so away LOL