Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Buried Bones

Old 02-01-2011, 10:49 AM
I'm All Ears

I agree. I think it kind of undermines the point of it to me. the idea is to be creative and expand your horizons. See what you can come up with.

I do like the calendar idea though. It's too bad there's not a way to do like a day by day (or week by week or something) calendar where everyone could pick their favorite picture THEY took over the course of the thing or something. I would personally love a calendar that had ALL the dogs in it. That way you were besting yourself instead of other people, if that makes sense. Your goal would be to try to get a better picture than you took the week before, which I think is much more what the project is about.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:58 AM
Felurian

That's an EXCELLENT idea, Laur!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-01-2011, 10:59 AM
Water Junkie

Laur, I don't see why we couldn't make a daily or weekly calander. The only thing would be cost, but beyond that, it seems very possible.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 02-01-2011, 11:02 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
I agree. I think it kind of undermines the point of it to me. the idea is to be creative and expand your horizons. See what you can come up with.

I do like the calendar idea though. It's too bad there's not a way to do like a day by day (or week by week or something) calendar where everyone could pick their favorite picture THEY took over the course of the thing or something. I would personally love a calendar that had ALL the dogs in it. That way you were besting yourself instead of other people, if that makes sense. Your goal would be to try to get a better picture than you took the week before, which I think is much more what the project is about.
I agree with this.

I'm using this as a way to better my photography and challenge myself with trying new ideas. There have been some amazing pictures that chazzers have taken so far... and I can tell that many people are expanding their photography horizons while doing this. If everyone does improve with their skills on a weekly basis, I feel that there will be a lot of people who have taken their "best" photo with each week.

I just feel like voting isn't the best idea for the 52 week challenge. I do think the calendar is a GREAT idea... but I wish there was some other way to determine the pictures. I think that every participant should have at least one photo in the calendar, since EVERYONE is putting a lot of effort into their pictures... regardless of photo quality or popularity of dogs.

This challenge is really all about growing as a photographer... the calendar should just be a bonus that everyone can enjoy at the end as a "prize" for all of the hard work.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 02-01-2011, 11:03 AM
I'm All Ears

I know *I* would pay for a calendar with all the dogs in it even if it cost more. Honestly, I probably wouldn't buy a calendar with just a few dogs even if mine was in it just because it doesn't seem fair to me.

I wonder how many users are participating? I bet we could find a pretty fair way to divide up the pictures ... Wouldn't the calendar have to be weekly to have a pic from every week anyways? Maybe make sure everyone gets at least one pic in it? I'm not sure how you'd divide up the excess weeks though (I don't THINK there are 52 dogs participating?).

Just thinking aloud.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:06 AM
Water Junkie

Draw, Laur. After everyone has one week, put all the names in a hat and draw for the extra open spots.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
I'm All Ears

It would also be really cool to have people at the end share their picture and why they thought that one was their best and should go in the calendar too.
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
You can. Most likely, I'll be the one printing all the calendars because I work in a print shop/photography store if the price doesn't become too much for people. If you wanted a calendar with your own pics or your fav pics, I can do it.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Chihuahua Power!

I'd pay more for a calendar with ALL of the dogs in it, too. I wouldn't want a calendar with only 12 chaz dogs either. Like I've said, the fun is seeing how we are all challenging ourselves every week.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 02-01-2011, 11:08 AM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizmo View Post
Draw, Laur. After everyone has one week, put all the names in a hat and draw for the extra open spots.
That's a good idea, fairer than the ones I could think of, too.