Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-09-2005, 11:24 AM
Top Dog

Default Update on Cooper

He's got more fat and muscle now. You can't see his ribs, except for the last two when he shakes his butt (the boniest butt I've seen, lol). He knows sit, shake, and lie down. Potty training isn't going so well, he refuses to go outside when it's cold. He's surely turned into the menace, he forced me to retype this whole thing twice, he also eats stuff that he isn't suppose to, and also makes loud noises... he does great with dogs and people, but sometimes bite people so that isn't too good... he met this cute (need to expand my vocabulary so I don't sound like such a girl) lab puppy. I felt so stupid because I've never seen a 13 week lab and I had no idea what it was, lol. I can't find the camera, so that's why I couldn't take pics of Coop or my doodles. lol. So yeah, if anyone was wondering....
Old 10-09-2005, 11:30 AM
OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!

aww sounds like he is doing good. As for potty training but him outside in an e-pen for about 10 minutes and he should go...thats what i have to do w/ Dallas some times and NO its not cruel in anyway. But glad to hear Coop has found himself a hottie ...LOL
Old 10-09-2005, 11:33 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotah_2009
But glad to hear Coop has found himself a hottie
too bad it's a boy, lol, actually I think the lab was a girl
Old 10-09-2005, 05:54 PM
Felurian

So Coop doesn't like going in the cold . . . tell him he's a wuss-puppy, lol! My bunch will hold it 'til they're about to pop when it's raining

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-09-2005, 05:56 PM
Walks into Mordor

LoL! I know what you mean, Renee. When it rains, Zeus will pace and squirm until he can't stand it anymore. And even then, he'll stare at the door like "Is this really worth it?"

Sounds like Coop is doing well! Just work with him on his nipping, and I'm sure he'll be fine. I'm glad he's turning into such a good dog.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:41 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
So Coop doesn't like going in the cold . . . tell him he's a wuss-puppy, lol! My bunch will hold it 'til they're about to pop when it's raining
My dog just lets it go, he knows he's in trouble too

How can I make him to stop jumping on people? He jumped on my 2 year old cousin, she didn't fall, but she cried. I heard a squirt bottle would work, but I don't want to get him afraid of water...
Old 10-09-2005, 09:49 PM
Whitedobelover

it can work but down works also... make someone stand in front and wait for them to jump say down and treat... say stay have the person step back and then forward after a few then if he doesnt jump say good... if he does... say down and give treat

it is working for me
Old 10-09-2005, 09:50 PM
Top Dog

awesome, thanks!
Old 10-10-2005, 06:36 AM
Felurian

We need some Cooper photos, Richie!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-10-2005, 10:20 AM
OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!

My dog will go potty rain, snow, hail, t-storms, etc. LOL If Dallas has to go he goes!