Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Dog Stories

Old 10-19-2004, 08:04 AM
Felurian

Default Close Your Eyes and Picture this Scene . . .

Over in Newport, which has a reputation for being rough, there is an old couple I've seen time and time again, just sitting on their front porch, rocking and watching the cars go by. They would be easy prey for the many burglars and what-not that frequent the area, except for their companion on the porch . . . the BIGGEST freaking Rottweiler (or as they say around here, Rockwilder???) I've ever seen in my life.

Now, after you read this, close your eyes and get the mental picture . . . an old stone cottage with a big front porch sitting eight feet or so above the level of the road, back from the road about thirty feet, the little old lady sitting there in her flowered dress, white hair done up in the back, rocking and fanning herself as she dozes; the little old man in his faded overalls and plaid workshirt, cuffs and neck now far too big for his wrists and neck, bald head - just a fluffy fringe of white tonsuring above his ears, leaned forward whittling, and that huge, monster of a dog laying there in between them, raising that massive round head up every now and then to glare balefully at someone walking by or just the world in general to let his people know he is on the job . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-15-2004, 05:19 PM
Top Dog

Very cute and funny! However, I was having a hard time closing my eyes and reading about it HEHEHE

I bet cha he gets table scraps at suppertime too.
Old 11-15-2004, 10:22 PM
Felurian

Possibly the odd trespasser from time to time as well. This dog's got a head like a cement block!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-16-2004, 03:11 PM
agilitydobemom

And he probably just loves his Ma and Pa too what a great story it made me smile
Old 11-27-2004, 06:26 PM
Big Dog

newport what?? because i used to live in newpot ca. (orange county) and its quite the opposite??

or are you talking about ny?? or newport where lol

and iwas having trouble reading with my eyes closed as well lol.. good story tellin skills lol
Old 12-01-2004, 10:55 PM
Felurian

Sillies! Newport, next to White Pine, Tennessee where I live now (up in the right hand corner). Newport's famous - or infamous, depending on how you look at it. It even made the cover of Life Magazine (I think it was in the 70's, when I was a kid and still lived in the San Francisco Bay Area) for the Red Lantern Inn Massacre. When you get out into the county you'll still find snake handlers, moonshiners and all sorts of characters.

And it says to close your eyes and picture it after you read it, right at the start of the second paragraph . . . I knew somebody would have to be a smarty and come up with that!

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-03-2004, 09:31 PM
I W A L R

Talking

ok, well if u put it in the 2nd paragraph,then if u closed your eyes,but u red that part, in the first 1, ok i make no sense do i?