Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Rescue Forum

Old 01-21-2011, 12:40 AM
Top Dog

Default Dachshund/Basset? mix

My aunt took in a (not so little) doxie mix a couple months ago and she doesn't think she can keep it. She already has 2 large dogs and they're not fans of the new dog. He's no more than a year old, neutered, black and tan dapple. He's mostly dachshund, but pretty big, so may have some basset or something in him (I think she said he's 25-30ish pounds? And not overweight according to her...), or he could just be a really big weiner She may end up actually keeping him, I don't know, but if anyone's interested let me know. She's about an hour or so from Nashville, TN.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:11 PM
Top Dog

The Standard Dachshund could weigh (ideally) up to 28 lbs, so maybe he's just a regular Dachshund. Most people might assume he a mix because the miniature Dachshund are so much more common.
Either way he's adorable and I hope it works out for him
Old 01-25-2011, 03:05 PM
just call me Nilly

Oh he's CUTE! I hope she decides she can keep him, or a great new home comes up soon for the little guy!

Julia: Mom to Sierra (adorable mutt - Basset x Cattledog is our best guess these days) Buddy (noisy but awesome DSH tabby cat) and Carter (adorable human baby) RIP Nya 1994(?) - 2010