Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Grooming Forum

Old 01-23-2011, 06:02 PM
BusterLove

I just use towels and then let them lie around in the sun.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:48 AM
orange iguanas.

I use a hairdryer on Lucy because, well, she just looks ugly if she air dries lol. Plus it would take her a while to dry, which wouldn't be a big deal in the summer, but in the winter I don't want to leave her sopping wet.

Juno gets rubbed down with a towel, and then she's dry within a few minutes. Love short-haired dogs haha.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 01-25-2011, 07:53 AM
love the fluff

I don't. I towel dry them and let them finnish drying in the house before they go outside or anything.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:14 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I just got a forced air dryer for Christmas and it is wonderful. I washed and dried the dog in under an hour. I was so excited, LOL.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 01-25-2011, 08:21 AM
Just try me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giny View Post
It's an important part of growing up in getting your puppy used to the noise of a dryer. If you have a regular hairdryer at home, set it on warm, not hot, and if it still feels too hot on your skin then set it to cool. It's always best to dry the dog after a bath, especially in the colder climate. If your dog is a short hair, and it warm outside then a good towel dry is ok, as long as you dry them well.
Why?

I mean if you own a thick coated breed, sure. But none of my dogs need to. Even the hairier JRTs dry very quickly (wirey hair doesn't hold water)

I live in Ontario, even when its cold out (though its the same temp in my house for the most part) my dogs just get towel dried. If its cold I make sure they are fully dry before they go outside.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:51 AM
Show Dog

My dog will lay on my feet while I dry my own hair, but he doesn't like it on him. So usually it's a lot of towels.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:04 AM
Top Dog

I could never imagine not drying my dogs, especially their jacket, or having a dog who wouldn't let me use a dryer without being a PITA. There's a few times where if I just wash the furnishings (which is more frequently, the jacket gets washed maybe once a month/every two months) and I stick them in a crate to dry, but right after I put gold bond or baby powder on to help absorb any leftover moisture. Plus I can tell the difference when one is blow dried and the other is not, the one who was blow dried looks better,
Old 01-25-2011, 09:30 AM
Just try me..

Depends on the breed (as to looks better) The JRTs look ridiculous lol. And the whippets look all funny.

But really the dogs are dry in 20 min with out a hair dryer, so I can't imagine the need. (heck with JRTs if you show them you aren't supposed to bathe them, so the really don't require blow drying lol)
Old 01-25-2011, 09:37 AM
Sport Model Pug

Izzie looks way better blow dried. If she's let to air dry she takes about 4 hours to completely dry and she gets cowlicks and weird zig zags in her fur as well as a very coarse feeling to her fur down her back.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 01-25-2011, 10:26 AM
Just try me..

hmmm lol perhaps I don't want a pug then. I had always assumed they were more wash n wear (which is a BIG want for me) Sport takes way way less than 4 hours. hmm /scratches pugs off her 'someday list.