Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-08-2005, 02:07 PM
Island dweller

Default OMG Read this and be annoyed with me - new puppy

My roommate has adopted a pup. I think (hope) it's 8 weeks. It's a shephard husky mix apparently. The 'breeders' had the mom and puppies living under a car in the backyard. Now, Jamie, the roommate wants to keep the puppy out on our porch. PLUS I have no ideas how my dogs are going to react. He just brought her home, played with her for awhile and now left her in the basement. Is it puppyproofed? NO! Christ. Like I need this work. Now I'll feel horrible if something happens to the pup so I have to do my best to make sure it's taken care of.

Sigh....

Annoyed??

Cuz I sure am.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:11 PM
Top Dog

that is annoying. i hope he keeps it though. im sure the last thing you need is another dog. But i am sure you'll take better care of it then whoever left them under a CAR!!!
hope everything works out. if your roomate keeps it , you should make some rules so he knows what to do
Old 10-08-2005, 02:16 PM
Taco Dog

Oh def. annoyed. That should not be your responsibility! What does Steve have to say about it?

"A righteous man has regard for the life of his beast." Proverbs 12:10

http://www.petfinder.com
Old 10-08-2005, 02:17 PM
yuckaduck

I thought by your title be annoyed with me it meant we should be annoyed at you. LOL So I am an idiot and now I get it. I would for sure be mad as heck. Like my kids say " mommy is like a bear with a sore paw" when I am angry! I would be like that with your roomate. I would also be telling him to get his butt in gear and look after that pup because it is his responsiblity. Very nice sitting down and discussing it with all the people who live in the house.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:19 PM
Top Dog

I'm willing to bet Jamie is going to get quite an education on being a responsible pet owner from you whether Jamie wants to or not! (as well as being a responsible & considerate roomate!)
Old 10-08-2005, 02:24 PM
Island dweller

Yup. He had mentioned that he wanted it before but I didn't think he was serious and then this mornign he went out and got it without saying anything. Sneaky, eh?

PLUS he's always hinting that my dogs should sleep outside so I don't know if that poor pup has a chance. I told him that puppies can't regulate their body temperature well.

I don't know if I'll sit him down cuz known of us are the sort to do that but I'll be giving my thoughts whether he wants to hear from me or not!

And he'll be learning a lot from me AND from that poor pup. I don't think he's every had a puppy before
Old 10-08-2005, 02:27 PM
Top Dog

i hope it isnt gonna sleep outside!!
Old 10-08-2005, 02:29 PM
Rusty but Trusty

I know I was mad when my husband first brought Hannah home (without asking). I was mad too when his friends dumped Maverick off on us too. He promised to take care of both the dogs and he never did anything for them (except now he tells everybody he did most of the housebreaking and training). It's very frustrating when this happens, I know EXACTLY where you are coming from.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:01 PM
no touchy

Tell him his dog will die if he leaves it outside. He need to get it toys, a blanket and a bed....he doesn't sound ready for a dog at all
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:17 PM
Love my pets

Hugs to you Saje. I agree, that pup shouldn't sleep outside and neither should your dogs. I'd sit him down and have a long discussion about the way things are going to be and what he needs to do as a responsible dog owner. Hang in there. I feel for you and the new pup.