Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 01-18-2011, 10:23 AM
Active Pup

Default Looking for Labradoodle Stud

Hello I am looking for a Caramel, Parti, or Phantom colour Labradoodle male to breed to my Chalk Female.

Thank you!
Old 01-18-2011, 10:39 AM
Resident fainting goat

We don't have any labradoodle owners on this forum I dont think.. but welcome. and I hope you have done the right health tests and are breeding responsibly.

Regardless of breed, color should NOT be your first concern.

Why not make a post in the welcome/new member section? we are a friendly bunch most of the time lol and we do love pictures!
Old 01-18-2011, 10:53 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

I second what Fran said. Welcome to the forum. We would love to see pics of your girl.

Why not take a gander at the Breeding Ground section and read up on some of the very interesting and informative things posted there. Hope you stick around and we get to know you.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 01-18-2011, 10:57 AM
Top Dog

What health tests have you performed on your girl? I doubt any good breeder will breed their male with a dog who is not health tested.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 01-18-2011, 11:01 AM
Owned by Rottweilers

Why has it become a common place to breed dogs that are not recognized by any kennel union? These are "designer" dogs, not quite pedigree dogs are they?

EDIT: It's a question not a statement

Disclaimer: Current avatar was found on Google, I don't own the image
Old 01-18-2011, 11:23 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specsy View Post
Why has it become a common place to breed dogs that are not recognized by any kennel union? These are "designer" dogs, not quite pedigree dogs are they?

As far as I am aware, the Australian Labradoodle has been breeding true for a few generations. I could be totally off base here so anyone, please correct me if I am wrong.

But yes, it has become popular to breed your pet. In an ideal world only the best of the best of the best would be bred and the rest would be adopted. Unfortunately there will always be badly bred dogs out there (and I am not saying the OP is a bad breeder).

It is the way the dice rolls. I own a little girl who should never have been born. But she was and I am grateful. I have seen many a well intentioned person come here to Chaz wanting to breed their family pet and then learning that it is not the correct way. Some of our long standing members were once potential BYB's, but they stuck around and learned.
It is our duty here on Chaz to educate as much as we can. I have learned so so much from here. I literally see Chaz as my dog bible.

I think many people breed their much loved family pets through pure ignorance and good intentions.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 01-18-2011, 11:31 AM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppydog View Post
As far as I am aware, the Australian Labradoodle has been breeding true for a few generations. I could be totally off base here so anyone, please correct me if I am wrong.
Not from what i've read/heard/seen.

They're still having inconsistencies in structure, coat, temperament, size.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 01-18-2011, 11:40 AM
Tweleve Enthusiest

Quote:

There are a lot of really nice mixes out there. Sometimes you just can't get the qualities you need in a pure breed.

There are many people breeding mixes and doing it right ~ health tested, temperament tested, proven working abilities, great homes lined up for the pups, a breeding plan, documented ancestry. Purebred doesn't mean quality.

For the OP:
What have you done to prove your bitch is breeding quality?
Why do you need to look for a stud dog on a forum?

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team
Old 01-18-2011, 11:53 AM
Owned by Rottweilers

Thanks for the info, I understand purebreeds don't mean quality, however a responsible breeder will ensure that your dog conforms to breed standard, has a level tempremant and is the correct dog suited to your family. It takes a lot of research to find a great potential owner and I feel this fact is greatly over looked by many breeders. People are all too often hasty to breed their dogs because "He is a good looking boy and is a really nice pet" but often their dogs don't meet other criteria.

In my personal opinion I believe that more emphasis has to be given to the potential dog owner and how he/she is suited to the dog rather than how pure the dog is, so much so I'll go as far as to say if I ever did breed and had a litter of say 8 puppies, I would more than willingly give up a pup for free to a GREAT home that will provide the pup with correct nutrition and love rather than a home that can more than happily fork out the purchase fee and then neglect the dog because "it's not a cute puppy anymore" but obviously there has to be a lot of research into it.

I have nothing against non pure dogs as, until I got Rottweilers, ALL my dogs were mutts! I was just questioning the validity of this "new" breed

Disclaimer: Current avatar was found on Google, I don't own the image
Old 01-18-2011, 12:45 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Thanks for the info, I understand purebreeds don't mean quality, however a responsible breeder will ensure that your dog conforms to breed standard, has a level tempremant and is the correct dog suited to your family. It takes a lot of research to find a great potential owner and I feel this fact is greatly over looked by many breeders. People are all too often hasty to breed their dogs because "He is a good looking boy and is a really nice pet" but often their dogs don't meet other criteria.
I totally agree that you should only breed if you can stack the odds in your favor for a good temperament, good structure, good health, etc. But standards don't mean a whole lot to me. Why should I care about the amount of white on a dog, or the way it holds its tail, or whatever other things do not affect its ability to run and jump and play with my family? If someone wants to breed a healthy, sound, temperament tested lab to a healthy, sound, temperament tested poodle in order to accomplish something that neither the lab or the poodle has on its own, I don't really see an issue. (Although I highly doubt that's what the OP is doing)