Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 12-15-2010, 05:42 PM
treehugging clicker freak

Default Vick tells reporters he wants a dog again

This is all everyones been talking about here

Eagles quarterback Michael Vick, convicted on dog fighting charges, says he'd 'love' to have a dog
Quote:
National Football League commissioner Roger Goodell may want to look over Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick's Christmas list.

"I would love to have another dog," Vick said at his locker on Wednesday. "My entire life I grew up with a pet in my house. The last few years were the first that I haven't had one. My daughter is used to it, my son is used to it. It's just different. I feel bad for them and the entire situation, what I did. It could be part of my rehabilitation process showing people I do care about animals sincerely and genuinely."

Vick, enjoying an explosive season with the Eagles, was convicted on federal dog fighting charges in 2007 for illegally breeding, torturing and killing dogs, and served 19 months at the federal penitentiary in Leavenworth, Kan. A condition of his release is that he never again own a dog under his name.

"I could take care of an animal in my household, if they want to monitor me doing it then they can," said Vick, who noted he had dogs ranging from a beagle to a mix breed growing up in Virginia.

Since being released, Vick has made appearances on behalf of the Humane Society as well as addressing students of the lessons he's learned.

"Whatever animal I'd have would live a happy life," Vick said. "I know that."

Read more: Eagles quarterback Michael Vick, convicted on dog fighting charges, says he'd 'love' to have a dog

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 12-15-2010, 05:43 PM
treehugging clicker freak

Oh, and the president of the H$U$ says he's ready to have one...

Humane Society president: OK for Vick to have a dog - Game On!: Covering the Latest Sports News

Quote:
We told you earlier today that Michael Vick has made it public that he wants to be a dog owner again, and get it right this time.

Some people might find that thought disturbing, but the president of the Humane Society of the United States is in Vick's corner.

"I have been around him a lot, and feel confident that he would do a good job as a pet owner," Wayne Pacelle told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution today.

Pacelle has visited schools with Vick and told the AJC he believes Vick is committed to speaking out against dogfighting for the rest of his life.

Vick's probation for dogfighting crimes includes a provision that he can't buy, sell or own dogs for three years.

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 12-15-2010, 05:50 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

OH F*CK NO!

He should NEVER be allowed to own ANY kind of animal EVER again. WTF
Old 12-15-2010, 05:56 PM
No thumbs = No mutiny

Nope. Not at all.

That provision should be no pets FOREVER.

River---Kya---Chloe---Fiona

Check out hairless dog rescue:
http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/AB20.html
Old 12-15-2010, 06:50 PM
Felurian

What I find even worse than contemplating letting Vick have another dog is the fact that everyone seems to be overlooking Wayne Pacelle --

Quote:
When asked if he envisioned a future without pets, ***8220;If I had my personal view, perhaps that might take hold. In fact, I don***8217;t want to see another dog or cat born.***8221; ----Current "Humane" Society of the United States (HSUS) President/CEO Wayne Pacelle, quoted in Bloodties: Nature, Culture and the Hunt by Ted Kerasote, 1993, p. 266.
Quote:
***8220; One generation and out. We have no problem with the extinction of domestic animals.***8221; ---Wayne Pacelle, quoted in Animal People, May, 1993
-- advocating that his protege have a pet.

Would you like fries with that super-sized hypocrisy?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-15-2010, 07:05 PM
Mutts to you

Didn't that miserable waste of space throw his kids' pets into the ring as bait? I don't usually don't wish bad things on people but it wouldn't bother me if some linebacker broke his leg...

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Im not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 12-15-2010, 07:12 PM
Taxiderpy

That's sort of like, adopting children to a convicted child molester just because one crazy advocate claims they are "reformed".

Even if he is, I don't care. As far as I'm concerned he lost that right when he threw those dogs in a pool with jumper cables fastened to their genitalia. I feel bad for his kids, but it's his own dang fault. They'll have to wait until they're grown just like thousands of other kids who can't have a dog for whatever reason.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:59 AM
Ninja Dog

I can't believe his audacity. Was Vick dropped on his head when he was a baby?
Old 12-16-2010, 11:20 AM
Top Dog

I honestly think that he might make decent single (pet) dog owner. I highly doubt with everything that's happened, he would dare to sway from responsibility. Especially with the whole country watching him.

Does he deserve to ever have another "Pet"? *&^% NO!

Fleetwood Mes Yeux Vigilant CGCA RE TDCH TDI and Shed Antler Dog!
Old 12-16-2010, 11:22 AM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani View Post
I can't believe his audacity. Was Vick dropped on his head when he was a baby?
Too much football sans helmet, more like.

Let's hope his kids are -- not his.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian