I am sickened (graphic)

EliNHunter

I got an e-mail from PETA today where they've turned over a video secretly taped showing the HORRIBLE and SICKENING treatment of dogs and cats slaughtered for their FUR in China. Many still have collars on because they were stolen family pets. They jam them in cages -- a sardine in a can has more room -- dogs legs are litterally wrapped around their bodies because they're crushed down into a cage. Then throw them off the top of huge trucks while in their cages only crashing to the floor 10 feet below, often shattering bones in the meantime. I am absolutely sick... this has really affected me. We must be aware. I'm talking THOUSANDS of animals. PLEASE boycott J. Crew clothing as they are a big buyer of this fur from China.

http://www.peta.org/

(warnings apply if you watch the video)
:mad:

That's all well and good, but don't listen to PETA too much. They'll take this incident, and claim all animals world wide which are killed for food, fur etc are treated this way.

EliNHunter

I don't care if it is an "isolated" event (which I doubt). It's absolutely horrific -- the terror in those poor animals eyes. So, next time people make over those "cute shoes" that have fur with black and white spots on them on the upper (which I HAVE done just thinking it was from a cow slaughtered for meat -- in other words, a by-product since they were slaughtering it anyway), think again. Most likely "Made in China" is somewhere on it and it's a dalmation or other type of dog. Or, even worse, they're exporting their fur under other names than DOG or CAT to get past the loopholes, which I know they do.

(I edited my post before you replied)

I'm not justifying the way those animals are treated, I'm just saying don't take everything PETA says as gospel and never questioning it. For the record, I thought the way those animals were treated was terrible as well.

RD

Are you dead yet?
That is absolutely sickening. I need to go hug my dogs and cats, now. :(

EliNHunter

Mikey27X834 said:
(I edited my post before you replied)

I'm not justifying the way those animals are treated, I'm just saying don't take everything PETA says as gospel and never questioning it. For the record, I thought the way those animals were treated was terrible as well.
I hear you, Mikey. I don't either. Like waving banners above highway overpasses at Thanksgiving damning anyone that eats turkey at Thanksgiving, etc. etc. I'm not a "backer", per se, but I stay in touch with their investigations such as this and puppy mills, and laboratory animal treatment, etc.

Saje

Island dweller
Vega, that's uncalled for. Any country has it's good and bad points. There are plenty of things that North Americans do that could be considered "all wacked out." Please remember that this is a diverse forum with members from all over the world and all different backgrounds.

Dakotah_2009

OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!
OMGosh I am in tears now. I turned it off when I saw them skinning that cat. OMGosh I am crying now!!!! I just don't know what to say...

All I can say is I just don't wear fur, period. Leather, a byproduct of the beef industry, is one thing, but to slaughter an animal solely for the vanity of wearing its skin is intolerable for me, personally, whether it's from China, the U.S. or anywhere else.

Dakotah_2009

OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!
OK I saw it and I was crying when I saw that one dog in a crate and he was staring at the camera, he starred for a few seconds and I just broke down. yall that is the worse thing I have EVER seen!!! I am still crying yall I don't know what to do. I would seriously go to Chine, get those animals and bring them back to the US for them to be sold, if I could. That is horrible and I am crying. Gosh I just wanna say so much but can't.

bubbatd

We're all in tears here... I ,Chip and Rudy....the latter 2 came running in when they heard the sounds.....the lead in picture shows a dog with a blue tag. I would never buy fur today , but I have some lovely pieces of 80 years ago. Back in the 50s fur collars were big and I had some on coats and sweaters. Times, thankfully , have changed.

Vega

Rottweiler
Saje said:
Vega, that's uncalled for. Any country has it's good and bad points. There are plenty of things that North Americans do that could be considered "all wacked out." Please remember that this is a diverse forum with members from all over the world and all different backgrounds.
Whats uncalled for? Chinese people are not wacked out but the situations in China are. There is social and government unrest there. The government does a poor job in stopping this, primarily chinese animal rights activists are doing something.

Saje

Island dweller
Vega said:
Whats uncalled for? Chinese people are not wacked out but the situations in China are. There is social and government unrest there. The government does a poor job in stopping this, primarily chinese animal rights activists are doing something.
Alright, then all countries are wacked out. I'm simply asking you to be sensitive to the community here.

I didn't watch it because I know I'd freak out...I have been able to watch bloody, horrible videos before but not right now, I'm not feeling good anyways and I can't stand to watch anything bad right now.

I don't wear fur and try not to wear much leather. My shoes are leather though, I have three belts and they're all cloth.

R

rottiegirl

What you dont see is that they skin most of those animals alive. I watched a video of raccoons being skined and they just teid them up by their hind legs while they are still alive. After they are skined, they make an attempt to run away, but they fall over and slowly die with their eyes open.

I couldn't even make it all the way through the video. I don't even have words for how much this breaks my heart. And to think that companies are marketing furs made from these innocent family pets without the consumer's knowledge...

Something is very wrong with this picture. I think my dogs and cat are going to be sleeping with me tonight.

Members online

No members online now.