Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-03-2012, 07:03 PM
Let it be

Yeah. I think that's pretty typical of people our age to grow out of that phase. I look back even just last year and I am entirely different.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:06 PM
such sights to show you

Same passive-aggressive behavior as it ever was, just easier and with even less chance of confrontation... before FB, people might have a conversation or make the comments or gossip within earshot of the person, now it goes up on FB. Just human nature, but annoying. I hate cryptic posts or posts that are clearly fishing expeditions. But 99% of what I post is about my dogs, so I clearly am not using FB to its full potential.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:36 PM
Top Dog

It isn't always attention whoring. Sometimes people think they can use Facebook as a support group, considering most of their friends or family would be on there. Not always, but sometimes. Others, it really does show how gossipy and self-centered some people are.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:36 PM
Wu-Tang Steph

My sister does this and drives me out of my mind. She starts fights with her boyfriend via facebook updates. THEY LIVE TOGETHER. The status lasts until he sees it and then she deletes it and later posts something about how unloved she is.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:09 PM
Top Dog

Ehhhh as some of you I'm sure know, I can be super dramatic on Facebook. I'm not really trying to be...at all. I just seriously have nobody else to tell.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:22 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

One of the reasons I hate Facebook. Some people just act so ridiculous. Ditto Grab. The whole "OMG MY LIFE SUCKS I HATE THE WORLD WHY ME?" Then you ask what's wrong and it's "Nothing. Sigh. . ."
I have one, but I only keep it because it's my only contact with family and friends that live overseas. I've been thinking I might delete it anyway. I get all stressed if someone wants to show me a picture but it's a FB link. . .if I have to log in I actually get panicky and don't look. I think that's a sign I might be better off without it if it's causing me that much anxiety. . ./tangent

I LOVE looking at FB fails though, haha.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:15 PM
Active Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by filarotten View Post
The same reason they air it here...they like attention.
This exactly.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:43 AM
Blonde Raccoon

My second cousin does this all the time and I can't help but wonder WHY. I'm not really thaaat close to her, yet I always seem to know when she's having a fight with her boyfriend or roommates or whatever. Sometimes she'll mention names, sometimes she'll just sort of imply who it is. I actually had to unsubscribe from her status updates, they got super annoying. Not only does she air her dirty laundry all over Facebook, she posts the most stupid, moronic updates in the world.

Alternatively, I'm super private about my life on Facebook. The only things I make statuses about are when I travel. I don't even have my relationship listed on there. Just some things I like to keep to myself and don't want everyone snooping through, ya know?

Paris - On Target's Oooh La La
Seamus O'Grady, the supermutt.

& Sally, never forgotten.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:51 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Maybe because it is their facebook and they can do with it what they like. There is a handy delete or unsubcribe feature on facebook. I deleted my own cousin because of drama filled updates, it is amazing how helpful that is.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 04-04-2012, 07:13 AM
<--------Orson

It's nice (or bad?) to see facebook hasn't changed since this thread was made over a year ago!

Yep, I love the friends and family I have on facebook.........every last one of them, but I have learned which news feeds I want to see and which ones I DON'T