Old 04-03-2012, 04:37 PM
Let it be

All my facebook posts are about Briggs. I'm so cool. Haha
Old 04-03-2012, 04:39 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
LOL mine too. Well hannah not briggs. that would be weird lol.

I don't have much else to talk about hahaha

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 04-03-2012, 04:41 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Here as well...well...and dogs
Old 04-03-2012, 05:25 PM
Fluffy Corgi Addict

I used to be really dramatic on FB. I'm sure those of you who are my friends on there were annoyed by it lol. Nowadays, I refrain from that as much as possible, although I do vent my general frustrations every now and then. I don't broadcast to the world how much so-and-so pisses me off or how "life sucks and I'm gonna go cut myself" or whatever. But I see that stuff on mine all the time from others... A good portion of my FB is about my dogs or dogs in general, or LOLcats, or where we're at now because we travel. Sometimes I post about missing my family or friends, or about how one of my dogs drove me crazy LOL. I try my best not to post drama...

Eevee
13-year-old F Border Collie Mix - My Heart Dog!
Ravinel Fox Magick, CGC (Shippo)
8-year-old M Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Cheetah's Training Blog
Old 04-03-2012, 06:04 PM
I'm All Ears

I hate the cryptic posts that don't mention people by name but you know the person being talked about knows they're the one being talked about. My sister is horrible about this.

I dont ever go on facebook really because of that kind of stuff.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:09 PM
Let it be

Ahh that's pretty bad. I have someone on there who is constantly saying "MY LIFE SUCKS IF YOU WERE TRULY MY FRIEND YOU WOULD NOT TREAT ME THAT WAY" or "MY PARENTS SHOULD DIE THEY ARE THE WORLD'S WORST PEOPLE AND I HATE MY LIFE"... It is painful to read.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:45 PM
Resident fainting goat

I think facebook is awesome for so many things. It does help you keep up with friends, share news, share pictures etc..
but there is an ugly ugly side to it.
As someone wise once said.. FACE YOUR PROBLEMS!! DON'T FACEBOOK THEM!!

IMO Chaz is different from Facebook. First of all, facebook is compromised of your family/friends/people you know and is a network based on YOU. So all that bitching about someone and the rants?.. it is obvious that this person is tied in and you pretty much want them to see it.

Chaz is a network of people rooted in a shared interest. We have screen names and I don't know the people you know (we aren't connected by common friends or family) so if you make a thread about your aunt Lucy being a bitch. It's fine because chances are, Aunt lucy is never going to see it. It is like talking to a therapist.. you are literally just letting something off your chest. Not making cryptic messages or trying to get people on your side (we are on your side 90% of the time. Aunt lucy or anyone who knows her isn't a member of this forum lol) or trying to solve your problem with Aunt Lucy by getting Cousin tom to tell her that you think she's a bitch.

My favorite saying stands true.. don't air your dirty laundry in your front yard if you don't want people to see it or try to wash it lol

On chaz.. its different. There is a disconnect, we can look at your dirty laundry, yell at you about it, judge you for it.. but that's basically it

Going on facebook, a place full of friends, co-workers, family etc.. and putting your dirty laundry out there is basically asking for it to trickle down into someone who is close enough to your front yard to do something about it.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:52 PM
Resident fainting goat

Personally, I keep the personal statuses off facebook with rare exception.

I like to post funny pictures, quotes I like, etc.. status wise.
and happy news (Picked up my puppy!) or just basic news ("Going on a trip! Will be back in a week!") just so people know where I am if need be.

IMO Facebook is no place for personal drama or bitching.

I especially DO NOT agree with bitching about your significant other on facebook. (Then again, I also rarely agree with posting personal aspects of your relationship on facebook "Oh hubby just brought me flowers for no reason! How romantic!)
I think personal life is just that..personal.

I think intimacy and really everything romantic and sacred about being in a relationship is shot in the face by sharing it with the world like it's some kind of reality show competition.

Facebook is great for social sharing, but IMO, it should not contain anything that you wouldn't show to a friend you once knew in high school (I use that example because yes, you know them.. but do you really want them rummaging around your life and knowing all that about you?)
Old 04-03-2012, 06:54 PM
Let it be

I was way worse about it when I was pregnant with Briggs because I was going through something super rough and wanted everyone to know what a dink my ex was. Now I just do not care. I use facebook to post pictures of Briggs and share stories about him with people who don't get to see him too much. My internet usage has gotten a lot more mature over the years.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:58 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
I was way worse about it when I was pregnant with Briggs because I was going through something super rough and wanted everyone to know what a dink my ex was. Now I just do not care. I use facebook to post pictures of Briggs and share stories about him with people who don't get to see him too much. My internet usage has gotten a lot more mature over the years.
We've all probably been guilty of it.
But at least you knew that you were doing it because you wanted everyone to know what a douche your ex was.. not just because it felt good to say it and then later you were shocked that he saw it or that people knew about your personal life

I used to go on WOE IS ME rampages during my first break up lol I look back now and laugh but back then, it was just drama. and of course at it's root A. It felt good to have the attention and B. I wanted people to know what a douche he was and to hate him too lol

I think it's just important that we grew out of it lol