Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Active Pup

I have been experiencing this lately, especially from one woman in the midst of a divorce. Her husband doesn't even have a facebook account and she's still making posts like she's talking directly to him! I hope she realizes he won't see them. I know she probably does realize that. I think she just wants to get everyone to give her the attention she so craves right now. I am very, very careful about what I post on facebook. I am a private person and I have no desire to have every one of my friends and acquaintances know every aspect of my personal life. Some people treat FB as a diary, yet the whole of their friend's list has the key. TMI=FTL.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:09 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snark View Post
I don't get Facebook... or Twitter... or any of those sites. I don't want people to know where I am or what I'm thinking/doing etc., and if I haven't gotten in touch with you since high school - well, maybe there's a reason for it!

I am beginning to think I'm one of the few people left who doesn't have a Facebook account and doesn't want one...

May I join the No FB or Twitter Club? LOL. For some reason, I have no interest in those big sites. Chaz is the only forum type thing I go on and even here, not as much as I use to.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-03-2012, 02:40 PM
Irritate with Caution!!

I personally am pretty careful on facebook, sometimes I even read things about dogs etc that make me shudder and I ignore it because often it will just cause drama with a capitol D....

I have actually deleted serious drama Kings/ Queens from my facebook..... It just gets very old sometimes reading FML over and over again.... Really? I mean its that bad? Or are you just looking for attention....

I do find different on here, if we vent here the odds of someone knowing the "target" of said vent IRL are minimal.......

I do thoroughly enjoy Facebook as a means of staying in touch with family and friends in Nova Scotia, sharing pictures and stories and so on.....
Old 04-03-2012, 02:44 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

LOL yeah I know a lady who posts horrible things about her hubby on facebook and then she TAGS him in the posts :O I mean I guess at least she's not doing it behind his back but seriously. she'll post things like "*husbands name* is a serious disappointment" and she MEANS it... it's not a joke. Like OUCH.

I know what you mean LauraLeigh. There is someone on my facebook who is always posting about how someone is always starting drama with her and she's ALWAYS angry and sometimes I just want to say "if it seems like everyone else is the problem... what's the common denominator there?" but I don't lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 04-03-2012, 03:16 PM
Who woulda thought <3

wow this was an old, old thread lol
Old 04-03-2012, 03:20 PM
Irritate with Caution!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess2416 View Post
wow this was an old, old thread lol

On my phone, never even noticed!
Old 04-03-2012, 03:22 PM
Top Dog

Gotta love that. My ex is similar. Soooo whiny and oversharing. Recently I knew when and why he'd broken up with the chick he was seeing as well as how many times they'd slept together. Ew.

My FIL is a half-oversharer. He'll post just enough to make people comment to him. "Why does everyone break your heart, guess I'll go eat worms" etc, LOL. So that people say 'what's wrong?' Then, "...*sigh* ...nothing" Well QUIT POSTING THINGS
Old 04-03-2012, 03:25 PM
Who woulda thought <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLeigh View Post

On my phone, never even noticed!
LOL i only noticed on my phone cause when i click on the thread title it takes me to the first post and the first thing I see is the date of the thread LOL
Old 04-03-2012, 03:37 PM
Top Dog

I just post pictures.... seriously

Its called personality disorders. Look them up. Love the drama!

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 04-03-2012, 03:51 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grab View Post
Gotta love that. My ex is similar. Soooo whiny and oversharing. Recently I knew when and why he'd broken up with the chick he was seeing as well as how many times they'd slept together. Ew.

My FIL is a half-oversharer. He'll post just enough to make people comment to him. "Why does everyone break your heart, guess I'll go eat worms" etc, LOL. So that people say 'what's wrong?' Then, "...*sigh* ...nothing" Well QUIT POSTING THINGS
Oh I HATE that lol

Sigh life is the worst thing ever, why does these things always happen to me...

I NEVER post on those status updates because I'm just not going to feed into the attention whoring lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney