Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 10-07-2005, 10:52 AM
Playful Husky Pup

Default 38 days and Counting!!!!!

Until Shady has her puppies!!!! We had one sonogram done so far and she is looking to have quite the stomach full . The vet said he would be surprised if she had around 6-7 possibly 8. She is doing extremly well with her pregnancy this being her first she is keeping active and is doing well on her prego diet as I call it. I still have her pull with the team but I stick her right in the middle so its a perfect weight and safer for her. She also still gets her run on in the feilds with the other dogs. She works out alot and then sleeps alot and of course eats alot. Just an update on her since I never really did one of Roxie.

I always have a name for a litter just because I keep each and every litter my dogs have recorded like baby books. I keep pictures and everything in a large binder and its just 1 part record keeping and 1 part scrap booking lol. So Roxies last litter (the one we got Poe from) I called them The Successor Litter out of Roxie by Hitch (actually with their registered names). I called them that because this was both Roxie and Hitches last time to be bred both have been spayed and neutered since (actually recently). Anyways knowing it was especially Hitches last time to sire a litter i knew i was keeping a puppy to hopefully carry on Hitches good lines as a breeding stud and sled dog. It would be his successor a puppy to grow into a dog to take his place at the head of the line. And so all the puppies from the litter were that important and in a way are all Successors although none of them will go out to be breeding dogs ( I have done the check ups and all pups had gone in for their spays and neuters as well) they are still important as many went on to be sled dogs.

Shadys litter will not have such an important title. It just a simple name that really is'nt all that original. Her first litter of pups will be called as a whole "The Snow Pups" as they will be born obviousely when it is snowing and racing season. Like I said not original but I like it i will save a special name when it is HER last litter. Of course the puppies will have their own individual names which yes I already have a list of names im considering.

Ok im done lol I just had to get it all out im so excited. And I have ALOT of excited future puppy owners on my hands as well.

Pets name: Chaos

Pets name: Blue Moon

Pets name: Cajun

Pets name: Smoothie
Old 10-07-2005, 05:15 PM
Love my pets

I'm so excited right along with you. I can't wait for the puppies to be born. It seems like forever.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:37 PM
Imagination ROCKS.

Wow! What breed do you well... breed?
Old 10-07-2005, 10:13 PM
Island dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius
Wow! What breed do you well... breed?
Sledding dogs. This 'batch' is Chinooks and earlier this year she had huskies. Well, Roxie had them
Old 10-08-2005, 12:01 AM
Top Dog

Cool, hope everything goes according to plan L4P
Old 10-08-2005, 08:23 AM
Top Dog

Hope all goes well.

Im excited for ya!!
Old 10-09-2005, 08:55 PM
Felurian

Oh Pits, I was so worried you wouldn't get back to us before puppy-time! Then I got worried that you wouldn't get back . . . Then I just plain old got worried . . . We'll be counting the days with you and Shady-lady now

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian