Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 10-17-2005, 05:17 AM
Training the Trainer

Um...okay...am I the only one who's pup sleeps outside?

She didn't when she was a little pup - just the last couple of months. She sleeps in the shed (with the door open of course) with her doona on a mattress, with her toys and a hot water bottle. Not that she needs that but I just give her one for a bit of extra warmth...

Is this bad?????

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare, and love we can spare. In return they give us their all. It is the best deal man has ever made
Old 10-17-2005, 08:30 AM
Walks into Mordor

I don't think it's bad that Ruby sleeps outside. She sounds comfy, and I know she gets loads of loving from you during the day. Although some may disagree, a dog can spend a lot time outside and be just fine.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:34 AM
Top Dog

I don't like the idea of letting dogs sleep outside honestly. I know mine would bark all night, lol. Plus it's getting chilly here, and I'd just rather have them sleep in the bedroom on their beds next to me (although the beds are still being delivered and Tips still sleeps in his crate at night for another month or so, until he learns to calm down lol).
Old 10-17-2005, 12:15 PM
no touchy

Colby and May sleep in crates, Tippy sleeps on her bed right next to me. It gets too cold in the winter and too hot in the summer to have them sleep outside, they'd probably freak out not being with me, too.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:47 PM
Naturally Natural

forget how they would feel outside - i wouldnt feel SAFE leaving them outside unattended!

both of my dogs sleep in bed with me each night. occassionally mya will move to the dog bed at the foot of the bed(she gets annoyed when bowie or i kick her).

my dogs are never left outside unattended, so having them sleep outside would never happen.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:20 PM
Top Dog

I've always liked mine in and with us.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:35 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatd
I've always liked mine in and with us.
Me too . I feel so much safer knowing their here with us and able to alert us to danger.

Old 10-17-2005, 07:48 PM
I W A L R

When Wendy was a pup, we put her in a crate in the bedroom.Then we started letting her out, watching her for a little while at night, with some blankets on the floor.now she can just sleep wherever she watns, normally on the loveseat where she can watch the door, or at the top of the stairs where she can also see the door.She looks so sweet when she sleeps
Old 10-18-2005, 12:50 AM
Big Dog

Jack sleeps with me. Nothing like a big furry dog on a cold night!

Jessie
Old 10-18-2005, 09:26 AM
Training the Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doberkim
forget how they would feel outside - i wouldnt feel SAFE leaving them outside unattended!

both of my dogs sleep in bed with me each night. occassionally mya will move to the dog bed at the foot of the bed(she gets annoyed when bowie or i kick her).

my dogs are never left outside unattended, so having them sleep outside would never happen.
Really? Is that because they would wreck your yard or because you are worried that something might happen to them?? I just say that because Ruby is in a medium-sized, fully enclosed, very comfortable back yard, she is out there while we are at work and she sleeps out there in the shed. But whenever we are home (and awake) she is with us. We were told by our vet that dogs need to learn to be alone when you are home (not always - just for periods of time) or it can cause real separation anxiety should you ever have to leave them.

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare, and love we can spare. In return they give us their all. It is the best deal man has ever made