Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 10-15-2005, 08:27 PM
Puppy Dog

Default My new puppy wont eat

Hi, I'm a new owner of a 8 weeks old male puggle and happy. My question is my puppy just got home today, and his stomach is...rumbling?...I tried to give hime food but he isnt eating. He is still quite lively and playful, and the only thing I can get him to eat are hard dog bones that take him like hrs to chew-up...should I worry that he's not eating today?
Old 10-15-2005, 10:24 PM
Top Dog

It'll take him a while to settle in. Let him get used the place first. Offer him food at dinner time then try again tomorro.

Any pics?
Old 10-15-2005, 11:08 PM
Island dweller

Yeah give him a few days to adjust. It's pretty normal for them to not eat right away.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:51 PM
Twin 2.0

Don't get worried until a week goes by. What are you trying to feed him, by the way?
Old 10-16-2005, 11:40 AM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom
Don't get worried until a week goes by. What are you trying to feed him, by the way?
Well the puppy store gave me a large conainer of Purina Pro Plan since its what the puppy usually ate. As of the eating problem he, has ate a little of his food, but it seemed he had an upset stomach and after a nice little "mess" he seems to be at full strength. Right now he's sleeping I've been up all night since HE WAS UP ALL NIGHT, so right now he's passed out on my bed with my girlfriend....thankx for the help everyone.
Old 10-16-2005, 01:29 PM
Twin 2.0

You might also look into switching him to a better food like Royal Canin, Canidae, Eagle Pack, Innova...I've also heard that Kirkland Signatures, the Costco brand is decent enough food. Your dog could be trying to tell you something. I was trying to feed Sawyer Nutro Max Adult when I first got him and he wouldn't touch it, even with canned food mixed in. Switched his food to first Iams until I found out how much it sucked, switched to Royal Canin and haven't had a problem since.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:00 PM
Big Dog

He'll relax and settle in a few days. Just make sure he has plenty of water, and he should be fine. LOTS of water.
Old 10-16-2005, 03:14 PM
Top Dog

Just make sure also to take him to the vet for a checkup.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:43 PM
Training the Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom
You might also look into switching him to a better food like Royal Canin, Canidae, Eagle Pack, Innova...I've also heard that Kirkland Signatures, the Costco brand is decent enough food. Your dog could be trying to tell you something. I was trying to feed Sawyer Nutro Max Adult when I first got him and he wouldn't touch it, even with canned food mixed in. Switched his food to first Iams until I found out how much it sucked, switched to Royal Canin and haven't had a problem since.
Royal Canin is fantastic. Our pup and the cats all get it.

Except it makes Ruby's wee smell like you would not believe!!!

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare, and love we can spare. In return they give us their all. It is the best deal man has ever made
Old 10-19-2005, 09:46 AM
Top Dog

I didn't see you got him from a petstore... Definitely go to the vet as soon as possible to make sure he isn't sick.