Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-30-2010, 12:01 PM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

Post Some vibes for T-Bone, please?

I need some vibes for T-Bone, please. She has had some stomach issues and we're not too sure what it could be. I guess it could "just" be a stomach bug, I am just concerned because it seems that she has lost so much weight. She used to be pretty lean, so losing a pound and a bit has made her look terrible

We had some tests done at the vet and on paper, she's perfectly healthy. She is also not lethargic... just her happy self which comforts me a little bit.

She can't keep much down other than rice and chicken with a little bit of kibble mixed in... I'm also giving her some nutrical.

Any other suggestions what we could give her that isn't too rich for her stomach?
Old 12-30-2010, 12:05 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Oh that, T, doesn't she know she's not supposed to worry us? ((HUGS)) and ((vibes)), I hope she perks up soon!

When I feed chicken and rice, I also give some cottage cheese and/or pumpkin or something along those lines, especially as I add their typical food back into their daily meals.

Old 12-30-2010, 01:01 PM
Felurian

I'm assuming the vet checked for any obstructions or stuff in her gut that shouldn't be there?

Definitely add the pumpkin. She could probably stand a little fat in her diet, too. Maybe crumble some bacon into her food?

Truthfully, if it were me, I'd put her on a maintenance dose of Essiac tea just for my own peace of mind. I've got all three of mine on it now.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-30-2010, 01:10 PM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

Yes, she threw up the pumpkin, too... so instead I added some Greek yogurt to her food since it is higher in fat and protein than regular yogurt.

Yes, no obstructions.. her bowel movements are fine, too. Bacon crumbles are a good idea, too. Essiac... I wanted to put her on that. I will get right on it

Thank you guys... I told her she shouldn't do stuff like that. Santa has been more than nice to her to leave all naughty thoughts out of her head for at least the next couple of months!
Old 12-30-2010, 01:13 PM
Ferret Keeper

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{[[vibes}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} hope she feels better soon
Old 12-30-2010, 02:39 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Renee where do you get your essiac tea?

Old 12-30-2010, 02:48 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Nutrical too...more Tbone vibes...and worries.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 12-30-2010, 03:24 PM
Top Dog

I wouldn't give her fatty stuff like bacon if her tummy is upset -- but how about coconut oil? That's usually fairly well tolerated.

Maybe eggs and whole fat cottage cheese? Boiled hamburger is usually fairly well tolerated (in addition to boiled or poached chicken).

Poor baby girl.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:52 PM
swimming upstream

hoping your girl is doing/feeling better.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:00 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Boiled hamburger is incredibly fatty and can lead to more stomach issues- been there, done that, trust me.

If the greek yogurt is working, I'd say that's a great sign. T Bone, don't make Nikki come over there.