Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 12-15-2010, 07:15 PM
adojrts's Avatar
adojrts adojrts is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,089
Default

when I hear that a trainer only uses corrections, prongs and chokes.........tells me that can't get it any other way other than using force, yeah thats dog training

I would also suggest that the OP spend that kind of money on anyone of the GREAT trainers out there, that don't have to resort to force, prongs etc.

And the truely funny thing is, good trainers.........don't have to come onto dog forums to drum up business
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-15-2010, 10:37 PM
lizzybeth727's Avatar
lizzybeth727 lizzybeth727 is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 6,403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adojrts View Post
And the truely funny thing is, good trainers.........don't have to come onto dog forums to drum up business
Exactly what I was thinking. I've had more training clients than I can handle this month - December, BY FAR the slowest month of the year for dog trainers - and the only way my company advertises is through a website, a vet's office, and word of mouth.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-16-2010, 12:24 AM
markjohnson1082
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I went to the jcm website. I found the site informative. The lady is in the Obedience Hall of Fame for Christ sake. I feel sorry for the dogs owned by the negative posters on this site, because it is their dogs who are suffering at the hands of their ignorant owners.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-16-2010, 12:39 AM
corgipower's Avatar
corgipower corgipower is offline
Tweleve Enthusiest
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: here
Posts: 8,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjohnson1082 View Post
I went to the jcm website. I found the site informative. The lady is in the Obedience Hall of Fame for Christ sake. I feel sorry for the dogs owned by the negative posters on this site, because it is their dogs who are suffering at the hands of their ignorant owners.
According to my google search, you've done more than go to the website.

Gotta love the tag team approach.
__________________
The slayer of all things happy since 2010
Kibble feeder since 1973

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-16-2010, 12:59 AM
Donald Donald is offline
Active Pup
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3
Default

Jealousy doesn't become people. Most people want their dog trained. If a trainer can have a dog working 100% off leash in 8 weeks, I think that's saying something. I went the food / clicker route and I came to the realization that it can be taught by anybody. Trainers like Cesar "Dog Whisperer" Milan are the real dog trainers. People that disagree don't know anything about dogs. Sorry to burst your bubble, but they are not furry people.
I have a word of advice: "You stop telling lies about other people and they will stop telling the truth about you."
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-16-2010, 02:48 AM
ihartgonzo's Avatar
ihartgonzo ihartgonzo is offline
and Fozzie B!
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald View Post
I went the food / clicker route and I came to the realization that it can be taught by anybody. Trainers like Cesar "Dog Whisperer" Milan are the real dog trainers. People that disagree don't know anything about dogs. Sorry to burst your bubble, but they are not furry people.
Food/clicker training can be TAUGHT by anybody because it has scientific proof behind it, because it WORKS for the vast majority of dogs, and it doesn't require constant physical force and correction to get results! Reliable results! Duh... you never hear of positive, reward-based training making a dog aggressive. It is the easiest, most enjoyable and safest method of training any animal.

In 8 weeks of consistent clicker/treat-based training you CAN get a happy, obedient, reliable dog off-leash. Both of my dogs achieved that in less than 8 weeks as puppies. It might not produce the same instant results as correcting your dog so much that they shut down, but it also isn't creating any behavioral, internal issues or fearfulness.

"Dog training" and "dog supression" are not the same thing. Dogs are not furry people, just like people are not hairless dogs. Attempting to communicate with dogs as if you're a dog based on a bogus alpha/pack theory that emphasizes destroying the will of your dog is barely even humane. The question is, why do people continue to use harsh punishments and corrections in dog training when they don't need to? I guess it feeds some sick urge inside of them to dominate poor defenseless animals.
__________________


<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-16-2010, 07:11 AM
Dekka's Avatar
Dekka Dekka is offline
Just try me..
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 19,261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald View Post
Jealousy doesn't become people. Most people want their dog trained. If a trainer can have a dog working 100% off leash in 8 weeks, I think that's saying something. I went the food / clicker route and I came to the realization that it can be taught by anybody. Trainers like Cesar "Dog Whisperer" Milan are the real dog trainers. People that disagree don't know anything about dogs. Sorry to burst your bubble, but they are not furry people.
I have a word of advice: "You stop telling lies about other people and they will stop telling the truth about you."
Milan actually says he is NOT a DOG TRAINER. LOL. (and generally on tis forum he is NOT repected) And nope my dog isn't furry people. However she is my companion, my dog sport partner and a successful film dog. I never have to stoop to corporal punishement to gain her cooperation.
And you might be surprised but there are members on this forum that are more 'decorated' than the OP, and have more experience and success in dog training than she does.

Its not jealousy, this is amusement. As has been posted in this thread that successful trainers don't need to advertise on a random forum to get business. If you are any good, people will come. Your defensiveness is funny .

Oh just what 'obedience' hall of fame are you talking about? How many otchs do her (your) dogs have? What obedience titles? What agility titles, what working credits? How about students, do they have any titles? Training a dog to be a good pet is easy, loads of petsmart trainers do that everyday. You want to make a great claim.. so lets see the proof.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-16-2010, 08:31 AM
jenv101's Avatar
jenv101 jenv101 is offline
Bite Club
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,581
Default

__________________

~Aura & Riley~
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-16-2010, 08:46 AM
Dekka's Avatar
Dekka Dekka is offline
Just try me..
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 19,261
Default

I don't know if they are terribly successful. There have been some much better trolls than this.

I am disapoint.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-16-2010, 10:10 AM
Laurelin's Avatar
Laurelin Laurelin is offline
I'm All Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 29,227
Default

I always think it's hilarious when the OP comes back with new names. Like REALLY... some random person is just going to come upon this site randomly, this thread, and somehow knows the OP. Magic.

Anyways, I been doing it wrong. I refuse to use prongs and chokes on toy sized dogs.
__________________
Mia CGC - (5 year old papillon)
Summer TG3 TBAD - (10 year old papillon)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 AM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site