Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 12-14-2010, 07:25 PM
I love my Sancho

Default Shaking and Panting???

So my 2 1/2 years old dog Tron wont stop shaking and panting. He keeps looking at the ceiling as if he's afraid of something.

It started yesterday and he's been doing it from 6-9 at night. My uncle has been over helping us with some stuff around the house. I'm not sure if he's afraid of him or it's something medical. Has anyone experienced this?
Old 12-14-2010, 08:33 PM
<------RIP Superdog

It could be from either anxiety or pain. I would probably have your vet check him out to be sure. Is he usually nervous when a new person is in the house?
Old 12-14-2010, 08:52 PM
Puppy Dog

I would have a vet look at your dog even if it does even seem to subside when your uncle leaves. Sometimes there can be something wrong medically that can conveniently happen at a time when it can get misread as something else not so worrisome. I am definetely hoping that it IS nothing, but if I were you I would just get that second opinion to clear it from your mind .
Old 12-15-2010, 02:41 PM
I love my Sancho

Thanks for the input. He's acts a little odd around men with loud voices. Nor does he like loud noises. Now he doesn't want to come into the house. I took him to the vet today. He's running blood work to see if it's something serious. I'll know tomorrow and post an update. I hope it's nothing bad. He's so young and before this incident he's been a happy, healthy, and alert dog. Fingers crossed!
Old 12-17-2010, 02:05 PM
I love my Sancho

Semi-Update: Good news and bad news. The good is that the vet doesn't think its anything too serious as of now. All of Tron's body is functioning the way it should. The bad is that he did notice some inflammatory problems but he can't pinpoint it. He is going to talk to an internist to see if she has any clue what's going on. On a side note Tron seems to be feeling better. His shaking and panting only lasted for about 5 minutes last night. I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:08 PM
Tweleve Enthusiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie8023 View Post
Thanks for the input. He's acts a little odd around men with loud voices. Nor does he like loud noises. Now he doesn't want to come into the house.
If it's not medical, you might try something like Rescue Remedy or some calming herbs/meds. Also, maybe you can have your uncle feed him? Or give him extra special treats when your uncle is around.

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team
Old 12-19-2010, 06:08 PM
I love my Sancho

Corgi, have you used the Rescue Remedy?
Old 12-19-2010, 06:17 PM
Tweleve Enthusiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie8023 View Post
Corgi, have you used the Rescue Remedy?
I haven't.

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team
Old 12-19-2010, 06:27 PM
*Now with Snark*

Did you have his eyes checked? I know I've had two dogs who got a little wonky about lighting later in the day. Both of them were night blind.

Also a thought is if someone in your neighborhood is using one of those ultra sonic noise box thingies at night. My sister had a neighbor who did this and her dog started drooling, shaking, pacing, and otherwise stressed out.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:01 PM
I love my Sancho

The vet checked everything and said he seems healthy. He does have a wonky eye but it's almost not noticeable. I don't think any of my neighbors have a noise box but I'm going to ask around anyways. You never know. I'll get more results from the vet tomorrow.