Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 11-28-2010, 03:57 PM
Sport Model Pug

Default So guys...

... I just got a bunch of used rally-o equipment from my aunt for free.

Expect lots of questions about training as this is gonna be an epic home schooling attempt

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 11-28-2010, 04:08 PM
Top Dog

Questions welcomed. You might also want to look into The Rally Course Book: A Guide To Akc Rally Courses. It's got lesson plans, course (both practice and "official" AKC ones) as well as a list of the AKC signs with explanations.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:07 PM
Top Dog

The APDT site has good explainations for all the signs too, each level has a downloadable word file- I have them all on my desktop, and have the computer close by- and scroll thu the exercises as we practice
Old 12-08-2010, 09:43 AM
Big Dog

That's nice! Good thing you got that, it's gonna add more fun to your playtime with your dog.

For sure his going to love it, dogs are just so really into sports.

Helpful DVD here: dograllyo.com

Good luck!
Old 12-08-2010, 10:00 PM
and Fozzie B!

You are so lucky!

Can me and Fozz come over and practice with you? I want to keep going to my classes with an all-Pittie team... but they will not stop recommending collar corrections. Won't stop. NOT because Fozzie isn't awesome and reliable, but because he's slow, and they think that collar correcting him is going to make him speed up?! I'm not willing to risk stirring up leash aggression, scaring him or whatever else to speed him up. He and Izzy can be slow together. Oh wait, Izzy would probably leave him in her dust!

Rallyo is so much fun. I would much rather practice on my own than drive an hour to class. Classes are good for the distractions and obviously learning from experienced people and dogs, but you're saving so much money, and learning on your own forces you to memorize everything and fully understand all of the rules and signs involved. Plus, the most important thing is having fun with your dog and building your bond, and being in a team/class environment can make you lose sight of that. Good luck! Where the pics at? ;3

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie