Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 10-04-2005, 12:40 AM
Whitedobelover

well that is great julie so keep doing what your doing because you are doing nothing but good for you pet... very good...
Old 10-07-2005, 04:51 PM
Top Dog

Sounds like you are doing great with her! I also agree that you are not brushing her too much - it is great to start when they are so young so that they become accustomed to it because depending on the clip you decide you want your fluffball to wear it can be a really tough job if they aren't used to brushing. Poodles pay for their beauty by having to endure loads of grooming so if she's used to it and enjoys it that is super! Also get her used to handling her ears inside & out as she will need to have the hair inside removed. It's also great to start handling her feet & nails to prepare her for having her nails clipped - oops, you're already doing that as I remembered reading on one of the threads you are painting her nails!

The only thing you might want to start weaning her from is your carrying her as that'll get a little tough for you when she reaches her full size!
Old 10-07-2005, 06:08 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by poodlesmom
The only thing you might want to start weaning her from is your carrying her as that'll get a little tough for you when she reaches her full size!
She's already done with being carried. I just completely stopped that because she was finding that it was so much easier to be carried than walked. So she walks everywhere now (and likes it).
Old 10-07-2005, 06:25 PM
yuckaduck

Pregnant ladies should not be carring puppies either! So best to let her walk. I think she will only bond to you more, the more time you spend with her the better!
Old 10-07-2005, 08:02 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Yeah that's what Mark said. He was afraid I could hurt myself. She doesn't get carried anymore.