Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 10-03-2005, 08:30 AM
Top Dog

Default i donr know how much to feed her

i dont know how heavy she is, but she is 8 weeks old (min pin). the previous owner free fed her and let her eat as much as she wanted to. idiot!!! how much should i feed her? 1/4 cup a day once or twice daily? i have no clue. she seems starved, like she never ate before, but she is not skinny. i dont want to over feed her. please help!!!
Old 10-03-2005, 08:43 AM
Top Dog

What are you feeding her? It should say on the package how much. A liittle diagram saying how old the pup is and the group(toy...ect).
Old 10-03-2005, 08:48 AM
Top Dog

royal canin small puppy. it says 1/4 cup for a 2 lbs puppy . i dont think she is 2 lbs yet
Old 10-03-2005, 08:59 AM
GSDGurl

at 8 weeks old A min Pin should weigh about 2-3 lbs.Rosco got a half a cup,Split into 2 feedinds.Now he is free fed though.As he is a little skinny.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:05 AM
Top Dog

she was a twin. her twin died in the sack. the mother didnt open the sack, the owner had to. cocoa is half the size of her littermates. she was handfed, as the mother didnt feed her. but i will follow your instructions and give her half a cup. how old is rosco though?
Old 10-03-2005, 09:22 AM
GSDGurl

Now he is approx.7-8 months.Cant be sure as he is from a puppy mill.If she is that little you can continue to freefeed for a while.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:27 AM
Top Dog

There is nothing wrong with free feeding, i have free fed mine for years and they are the perfect weight, as they eat little and often, this is not practical now though as we have more dogs and they all need different foods
Old 10-03-2005, 09:29 AM
Top Dog

but see i dont like the free feeding too much, because u cant control when they haev to go poop. i did that with cujo and he always had accidents. now when i feed cocoa, i feed her and after 15 minutes i take her out, and she poops. hasnt had an accident yet. and if i would leave the food out all day, maybe i wont notice when she eats, and has to poop, ya know...???
Old 10-03-2005, 10:37 AM
Staffie Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmydogs
but see i dont like the free feeding too much, because u cant control when they haev to go poop. i did that with cujo and he always had accidents. now when i feed cocoa, i feed her and after 15 minutes i take her out, and she poops. hasnt had an accident yet. and if i would leave the food out all day, maybe i wont notice when she eats, and has to poop, ya know...???
wow, I never thought of it that way. feel a bit dull now. I suppose i free feed shadow, I didnt want to but Im away at work all day now, so I leave her food for her to eat throughout the day. I cant believe i didnt think of doing that with shadow, I just watched her all the time when i was house training her. Man, that way would have been so much easier!

Old 10-03-2005, 10:41 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADOW_THE_STAFF
wow, I never thought of it that way. feel a bit dull now. I suppose i free feed shadow, I didnt want to but Im away at work all day now, so I leave her food for her to eat throughout the day. I cant believe i didnt think of doing that with shadow, I just watched her all the time when i was house training her. Man, that way would have been so much easier!
i just learned that from my brother a few weeks ago .LOL i didnt know either....
i dint think its ever too late to start