Old 12-15-2010, 09:03 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

The Lion
Aelopile
The Unicorn
White Rabbit
Lust
Dragons Hide

I think that I'm going to order those, when I get the money/chance to.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:06 PM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieDog View Post
The Lion
Aelopile
The Unicorn
White Rabbit
Lust
Dragons Hide

I think that I'm going to order those, when I get the money/chance to.
Nice list! White Rabbit smells good on everyone I've smelled it on. I have The Lion, it smells great in-vial. I'll let you know how it is on me. Lust smells great on Nolu (my sister has it).

The rest sound really neat, too. I love that so many of you are as into this as I am!

Finnegan - Border Collie | Porom & Barrett - Ferrets | Stan & Fiora - other half's cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014
Old 12-15-2010, 10:59 PM
Resident fainting goat

Oh I made my first order recently as well!

I got the "sample pack" thingy lol

- O
- Amsterdam
- Snake oil
- Two, Five, Seven
- Unicorn
- Le Serpent qui Danse

It took me like 6 hours to choose!! lol first my list was 15 names long, then I found the forum and ended up adding more! lol what a mess.. but those are the final picks

In the end, I will order a full sized version of 2 One for day and one for night.

I ordered December 6th and still haven't received them but I will update my thoughts when I do!
Old 12-16-2010, 10:00 AM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fransheska101 View Post
I ordered December 6th and still haven't received them but I will update my thoughts when I do!
Yeah, the downside of BPAL, sort of: since they handblend, orders can take 2-3 weeks to ship out. Once shipped, it got here FAST, and I'm in Canada!

I am excited for you! I'm eager to hear everyone's thoughts on their scents.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Porom & Barrett - Ferrets | Stan & Fiora - other half's cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014
Old 12-16-2010, 10:04 AM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieMackie View Post
Yeah, the downside of BPAL, sort of: since they handblend, orders can take 2-3 weeks to ship out. Once shipped, it got here FAST, and I'm in Canada!

I am excited for you! I'm eager to hear everyone's thoughts on their scents.
I'm excited too!
and I guess its worth it then lol I thought it was just processing orders..

Also, for those who have used them before.

How exactly do you put on perfume?.. I feel like I'm doing it wrong lol

Oh and how long do they last? all day?

I can smell my perfume for like..2 hours. and then its gone. but maybe that just because I'm so used to it (lol I've worn the same perfume for like 5 years)
Old 12-16-2010, 10:10 AM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fransheska101 View Post
I'm excited too!
and I guess its worth it then lol I thought it was just processing orders..

Also, for those who have used them before.

How exactly do you put on perfume?.. I feel like I'm doing it wrong lol

Oh and how long do they last? all day?

I can smell my perfume for like..2 hours. and then its gone. but maybe that just because I'm so used to it (lol I've worn the same perfume for like 5 years)
With perfume oil, it's generally good to put 3-4 drops on pulse points. Pulse points include your inner wrists, the crook of your elbows, and that little crook behind your earlobes. I usually do crook of elbow and behind earlobes.

Just a drop will do you. Don't rub your wrists together, it can make the perfume dissipate quicker.

Perfume oils vary in terms of length... White Rabbit lasts all day on me, often I can smell it still in the morning before my shower. But on me, Dragon's Milk dissipated by early evening yesterday. Oils DO usually last quite a lot longer than perfume sprays. Oils vary so greatly between people in terms of how long they last, too, that's why these sample packs are so awesome!

Old 12-16-2010, 11:07 AM
Wookie Collie

So, Dragon's Milk dissipated by about 5pm yesterday, so since I was home all night, I decided to try the one I was sort of loathing...

GRAVE-PIG (from the Marchen collection)

Description: Fig, oakmoss, mushroom caps, and patchouli.

I was a bit skeptical of this one, because my sister also got it as a random imp. She tried it as her first imp, and halfway through the day, she reeked of rotten mushrooms and dirt (her words).

Imp nose: Not bad, not bad at all. The patchouli comes off as strong.

Wet on skin: Ew ugh ew ack. Rotten mushrooms, moss, soil. I see what she meant. I did my best to ignore the stench and give it time to dry.

Dry on skin: This is where it got interesting. When dry, the figs took hold, giving the scent an oddly delicious fig+soil scent. I liked this one dry, but it stays wet for 20-30 mins sometimes, and I dunno if that's something I'd want to deal with. I think I'll enjoy this imp and be done with it. Grave-Pig is a perfect example of how different oils can be on different people. It gave exact opposite effects on my sister and myself.

I have another one on today, but it's only been on an hour so I'll review it later. I'm glad you guys are enjoying the reviews!

Old 12-16-2010, 01:09 PM
MyHorseMyRules

Hahaha, I don't think I'd want to smell like rotten mushrooms for five minutes, much less twenty. That's so interesting, though!
Old 12-16-2010, 01:12 PM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyHorseMyRules View Post
Hahaha, I don't think I'd want to smell like rotten mushrooms for five minutes, much less twenty. That's so interesting, though!
It was so different from the vial, and even more different from the dry scent! So strange. The BPAL forum reviewers mostly LOVE grave-pig, and they all seem to have different reactions as well.

I gotta say, one thing I love about BPAL is how they don't just make flowery or sweet scents. They run the gamut of scents, even scents that don't seem like they smell nice, but sometimes surprise!

Old 12-16-2010, 04:04 PM
Top Dog

Well, I ordered! I was in the market for a new perfume, so why not?

I ordered:
Dragon's Eye
Jezebel
Blood Countess
Loup Garou
Nosferatu
Cheshire Cat

^Those I got as imps.

Then I also ordered a 5ml bottle of White Rabbit.

I can't wait! I'm so glad you posted this. I really love the names that they have for their oils too. I had to giggle a few times.