Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-15-2010, 10:54 PM
I Love Lamp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieMackie View Post
Now, I'm a recent convert to perfume oils vs. chemical sprays and the like. Oils are just so fascinating. The smell in the vial is only a taste of what it may smell when it;s wet on your skin, and then a whole other scent when dry. The combination of body chemistry makes oils smell different on every person, too.

In Virginia, my sister had a handful of Imp's Ears (little 1/32ml sample vials you can order in packs from BPAL) that we all passed around and tried, and it was delightful. Some smelled bad on me, but delicious on Nolu, for instance (I may have nibbled her arm more than once). They also combined beautifully with Pure Instinct, my everyday perfume oil from Passion Parties.
You are welcome to repeat that at any time. This is Saurus btw.

I'm ordering some when I have money. The Lust smells AMAZING when combined with Pure Instinct. Oh. My. God. I want to chew my own arm off. It's so sexy and delicious. I wore it today and couldn't stop sniffing my wrists, and when my friends asked me what the deal was, I just let them smell for themselves. It just smells gross in the container, though.

I'm going to see if I can just add in my stuff to Rachyl's next order. I want some of the antikythera mechanism (on the steampunk page if anyone wants to look - this one smelled fabulous on everyone) and another imp of the Lust. And some Smokestack and Inferno (cinnamon and almond - om nom nom!).

. . . I'm an addict.

It all smells so much better with the Pure Instinct added to the mix, though. It's amazing.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:18 PM
Twin 2.0

Dragon's Milk, The Lion, Miskatonic University and Glasgow.

This sounds like a drink I want to try: SCREECHING PARROT
Golden rum, apricot liquor, pineapple, pomegranate, ginger, brandy, grapefruit, and pink lime.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:31 PM
Wookie Collie

So, figured I'd bump because I've made my decision, and the order is going in today.

I'm getting:

DRAGON'S MILK
A truly fae nectar! Dragon's blood resin and honeyed vanilla.

JACK
The scent of warm, glowing jack o'lanterns on a warm autumn night: true Halloween pumpkin, spiced with nutmeg, glowing peach and murky clove.

THE LION
The dry, glorious warmth of the Savannah. A golden, spiced amber, proud, regal and ferocious.

MISKATONIC UNIVERSITY
The scent of Irish coffee, dusty tomes and polished oakwood halls.

GALVANIC GOGGLES
Metallic notes with Indian musk, tobacco flower, and African balsam.

GLASGOW
The rich scent of wild blackberry breezing over gentle rosy heather.

-----------

It was VERY hard to choose six, and I'm keeping this list so I can add to it and place another order in a few months. My sister also just placed an order for six new imps, and she'll be bringing them when she visits in February so we can skin-test each other's. I tried to go for a good variety between the six; also, because BPAL is awesome, they send 1-2 random imps from their collection with every order, so I may get a pleasant surprise!

Now the final question... do I want a 5ml bottle of White Rabbit? I do love it, a lot.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 11-17-2010, 12:44 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

those sounds so interesting. I want some! I still really need to buy me a bottle of pure instinct from PP though. I had a bad experience though when I borrowed a bad batch of it from Nolu and it smelled bad... but I tried it from a different bottle and it smelled fabulous on me
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 11-17-2010, 12:59 PM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
those sounds so interesting. I want some! I still really need to buy me a bottle of pure instinct from PP though.
I love Pure Instinct even more now that I see how well it blends with the BPAL oils. I've used Pure Instinct with chemical perfume sprays with success, but the oils give a whole new level of incredible. I sampled Pure Instinct with a number of the BPAL scents with huge success. I imagine it won't go well with ALL of them, but still!

Also, ORDER PLACED. I said screw it and got the 5ml bottle of White Rabbit. Orders take a few weeks to blend and ship out, but I will update you all when they arrive and have been sampled!

If any of you order, please let me know! I'd love to know what appealed to you.

RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 11-17-2010, 01:24 PM
Felurian

I shouldn't have gone back and looked, lol.

Now I have a wish list

Dragon's Milk
Dragon's Reverie
Jezebel
O
Chimera
Blood Kiss

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-17-2010, 01:30 PM
Resident fainting goat

I always am tempted to buy these kinds of things but I hate that I can't smell them! lol I wish I could test them out..

I've been looking for a new scent for a while. I've worn the same 2 perfumes for years

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:28 PM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fransheska101 View Post
I always am tempted to buy these kinds of things but I hate that I can't smell them! lol I wish I could test them out..

I've been looking for a new scent for a while. I've worn the same 2 perfumes for years
Fran... Imp's Ears are the testers. They're TINY vials. Good for a few weeks of wear, if that. They charge for the samples because they are handblended. $4.00 is a lot better than $17.50 for a 5ml if I don't like the scent, and I have friends on standby who are happy to sniff and possibly purchase imps I'm not fond of.

If I really like a scent, I'll get a 5ml bottle.

Old 11-17-2010, 02:29 PM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
I shouldn't have gone back and looked, lol.

Now I have a wish list

Dragon's Milk
Dragon's Reverie
Jezebel
O
Chimera
Blood Kiss
My sister is ordering O, I think. That's a great list! Time to save a bit of monies!

Old 11-17-2010, 02:57 PM
MyHorseMyRules

...I hate you, Allie. I never should have looked. lol Now I have a wishlist, as well, and it's all your fault.