Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 10-03-2005, 06:33 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Default yet another Lily question (I know you can smack me if you want)

Ok, I can not find a toy that Lily with play with. I got a chilly bone and she just lays on it, I got a nylabone and she doesn't even sniff it, I got a soft squeak toy and Hannah plays with it. I got a booda bone and she's not interested in that either, or the kong. I'm SO confused, she loves towels though (which I really don't let her play with to prevent blockage). Anyone have any suggestions for the hard to please puppy?
Old 10-03-2005, 06:41 PM
Island dweller

Have you tried socks? LOL My dogs all love socks. I ball up old ones with holes and they love it. Of course, you can't get mad at them when they go after new ones. They don't know the difference.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:52 PM
Rusty but Trusty

no, I haven't tried that yet, I might have to try that when she wakes up, she had a serious playdate with Hannah and now she's fast asleep in her crate. I wouldn't get mad at her, most my socks have holes in them anyway from Maverick eating them.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:55 PM
Whitedobelover

socks are great... she should love those but put it on your foot first... if it taste like you they will love it more
Old 10-03-2005, 07:49 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedobelover
socks are great... she should love those but put it on your foot first... if it taste like you they will love it more
hmm...that's a good idea, never thought of putting it on my foot. She's sort of playing with the chilly bone, but she doesn't like it frozen. Are they bad for her if they aren't frozen?
Old 10-03-2005, 08:22 PM
Top Dog

Get her a woobie !!!!

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 10-03-2005, 08:24 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatd
Get her a woobie !!!!
She's got a blankie that she sort of chews on she doesn't shred it though. She likes to sleep with it, unless she sleeps on me or the bed.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:14 PM
Twin 2.0

Let her discover what she likes before throwing another toy at her. It took Sawyer a couple of months to really latch onto his Nylabone and now he won't leave it alone. Same with the Kong. Maybe try letting Hannah play with it a bit first and then giving it to Lily. That seems to be the way to get either of the Wonder Twins to like a new toy...have someone else break it in first.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:24 PM
Top Dog

I would keep the toys put away some of the time and then take out one for a while and put it away again. Keep the others for another time so they seem new. With the socks, be careful she doesn't bite off a piece and swallow it or....some dogs swallow the whole sock. It can be a medical emergency.

You know what Lyric loved when I first got him was a plastic liter pop bottle. I threw away the cap and let him kick it around. He had a ball. Of course, after a while, it started cracking and breaking and had to be tossed. But sometimes the cheapest things are the most fun....noisy, rolling, bouncing off walls etc.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:53 PM
Rusty but Trusty

I don't have the toys out all the time, just when it's their playtime. She's starting to play with the chilly bone a little bit.