Votes: 14 34.1%
  • other (please specify)

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Mmm sausages

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • North Carolina

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters

For the love of DOG, people. Denver County is a tiny sliver of Colorado. Look at the map. Find Denver county. Then tell me that we can't possibly avoid being there or going there at all. It's a stupid reason to knock CO off the map. BSL is in one teeny tiny area. There's quite a bit of state left for us - and plenty of places to go and things to do there. If you don't want to go to CO, don't vote for it, but don't let it be because you think BSL is all over the state when it actually isn't.
Read my WHOLE post, Saurus. And the poll does say "Denver."

Brattina88

Cali - that sure looks like fun! :)

ETA: Renee... after all these years, it sure would be awesome to finally meet you in person! :)

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Ideas we have so far:

- doggie happy hour (LOVELOVELOVE this idea, Cali)
- on-leash hike (we could do Skyline for this if everyone grabs some dramamine for the dogs - it's a fun drive and plenty of places to hike)
- off-leash hike
- dog park time (already have one in mind)
- doggie cruise?
- BBQ or catered get together somewhere, possibly outdoors
- ???
Something to consider..
for those whose dogs do not do well offleash, in dog parks, or if you do a catered get together INSIDE somewhere...
Those who are travelling with dogs will need someplace to keep their dog, as even if they hotel, I know atleast here, they cannot just leave the dog in the hotel.

Brattina88

Something to consider..
for those whose dogs do not do well offleash, in dog parks, or if you do a catered get together INSIDE somewhere...
Those who are travelling with dogs will need someplace to keep their dog, as even if they hotel, I know atleast here, they cannot just leave the dog in the hotel.
Here, too. Good point!

If I am able to make it, Maddie would be coming with me. She'd probably just go everywhere I go (if she's able) but she is okay with that sort of thing. I would NOT feel comfortable leaving her in a hotel alone for an extended period of time, even if dogs were allowed.

Some hotels would be willing to let us use there common room for a get together like this. At least, on another forum they did.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
It's easier for people to get an idea of things by naming the closest big city, because how many people would have any idea what was meant by saying "Lenexa, KS" (which is where it would actually be at, not Kansas City itself) and "Highlands Ranch, CO" instead of "Denver".

Do you guys really think I would ask a board fully of pitty lovers to come risk their dogs or give any support to the actual BSL location? I try to stay out of Denver County as much as possible and I live in the very northern part of Douglas County. Should the meetup be here, we'd be running amok through parts of Douglas, Jefferson, Boulder, Arapaho and potentially Clark and Clear Creek counties.

Well, I suppose I should put in a plug for Knoxville, lol. After all,

Knoxville, Tennessee is within a day's driving distance from two-thirds of the population of the United States. Knoxville is on an international waterway. It is only 37 miles from the most visited national park in America. Interstates 40, 75 and 81 converge in Knoxville, allowing 53% of the nation's marketplace to be within a 650-mile radius of Knoxville. How far are you from Knoxville?
Knoxville TN

It's dog friendly: DogFriendly.com's City Guide: Knoxville, Tennessee

And then we have the Gatlinburg area, approx. 40 minutes from Knoxville: DogFriendly.com's City Guide: The Smoky Mountains, Tennessee

;) Hey, I have to try, right? :D

Brattina88

Hocking hills would be pretty darn close to Columbus ;) I love it down there!

Crate or no crate, I'm not sure I'm comfortable leaving a dog in a hotel room unattended. I know someone who's dog was let out of a room and out of a crate - then the hotel staff said the dog nipped at them :confused: and I'm a spaz as it is. "what if" there's a fire or whatever :eek: but that's just me.

TN sounds good, too :p

Members online