Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 10-21-2010, 12:33 PM
Top Dog

Default Preacher killed by his own dogs

Rev. John Reynolds found dead with severe bite marks | ksdk.com | St. Louis, MO

What do you guys think of this story?
Old 10-21-2010, 12:55 PM
Top Dog

Stray dogs came into a pen of 17 loose pit bulls (which is weird in and of itself), killed the guy and then left?

It should be fairly easy to tell if it was a mountain lion.

Maybe he had a heart attack or something and the dogs bit him then. Regardless of why, Occam's razor... he's in a pen full of loose dogs, those dogs are probably the ones responsible for the bites.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:54 PM
*Now with Snark*

Mt Lion? Sorry... I find it far more likely he fell while having a seizure or stroke and his dogs reacted.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:38 PM
Top Dog

I'm assuming they'll find the cause of death to be something like a heart attack, stroke, etc....they don't really specify what the "severe" bites are like.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 10-22-2010, 09:16 AM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Almost every time this happens it turns out that the person died of some natural cause and the dogs either freaked out, or the "severe" bites were more either nipping or attempts to drag the person somewhere (i.e. the dogs were trying to help). I just hope that the dogs are allowed to live until the autopsy is performed.

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 10-22-2010, 09:33 AM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilavati View Post
Almost every time this happens it turns out that the person died of some natural cause and the dogs either freaked out, or the "severe" bites were more either nipping or attempts to drag the person somewhere (i.e. the dogs were trying to help). I just hope that the dogs are allowed to live until the autopsy is performed.
Yeah, I remember the guy who was supposedly "mauled" and killed by the bullmastiffs he was the caretaker for, and it turned out he had a stroke or something and died before anybody chewed on him.

It sounds like the police don't want to get involved with this, and his son seems willing to step in and care for them.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:36 PM
Top Dog

It happened with a rottie in ohio a few months ago...Woman had a heart attack and died of hypothermia. Turned out the "fatal bite wounds" were bruises from the dog trying to drag her in the house. The dog was either put down or shot (I can't remember which) before the medical examiner got to give the cops a piece of his mind, unfortunately.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 10-22-2010, 04:37 PM
Top Dog

Wanted to add...the guy was 84!! It's not exactly unlikely he died of natural causes. I really hope we get an update on what actually happens.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:42 AM
goodboy2010

it is not so clear to have dogs in home i think.
very bad.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:44 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

84 with 17 dogs. shakes head and sighs. I just don't understand. Yes he probably died of natural causes and that was the result.

Dogs cant' be seized because the county doesn't' have the resources? So what happens to the dogs?

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,