Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 10-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Active Pup

Default Most Important Tips for Keeping Your Older Dog Healthy

The information I'm giving here is just some stuff I cut and pasted from google. I'm actually a spammer trying to get you to click on my link.

1.Establish a relationship with the best veterinarian you can find. For older dogs, it is advisable to make an appointment with the vet every six months. Your vet should be someone whom you trust and with whom you feel very comfortable.

2. Become informed about the conditions common to older dogs and the therapies used for them. Be alert to symptoms, bring them to your vet's attention promptly, and be prepared to discuss treatment options.

3. Feed your older dog the best food you can afford; consider feeding him a home-prepared diet and two small meals daily rather than one large one.

4. Donít overfeed your dog. Obesity will create health problems and shorten his life.

5. Consider the use of dietary supplements such as glucosamine/chondroitin for arthritis.

Last edited by eddieq; 10-01-2010 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Fixed link.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:10 AM
Active Pup

Physical limitations should always be taken into account. The three-year-old dog has a huge capacity for running, jumping, retrieval, obstacle course maneuvers and so forth.

The older dog may still want to do all those things, even learning new configurations, but tires more easily and loses interest more rapidly.
Old 10-10-2010, 01:22 PM
Top Dog

One of my vets told me the two most important factors in an animal's health are:
genetics
nutrition

The OP lists nutrition, best preferably home made. I would say raw.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:20 AM
fgujgfu

Thanks for letting me spam you guys, keep it up.

-----------------------------------
I hate these things in your:cheap uggs and uggs on sale and uggs for cheap (NSFW for language) and cheap nfl jerseys and wedding dresses and nfl jerseys and runescape accounts! *

Last edited by eddieq; 10-22-2010 at 10:45 AM.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:09 AM
dasia24

When dogs get older, they tend to get more prone to injuries so feed your dog the right amount of high quality food and to strengthen muscles, keeps joints agile through regular and daily exercise for your dog.

Ah, who am I trying to kid. I'm a puppy miller. When dogs get older and they can no longer produce multiple litters per year, I just toss them away like the garbage. I'd love to hear your opinion on the subject or simply be signed up for all of the mailing lists you can think of. [email protected]

Last edited by eddieq; 10-22-2010 at 10:32 AM.