Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-28-2010, 10:50 AM
Wookie Collie

I haven't replied yet, but I read this thread every moment I can. It brings me happiness to know that Grammy is at ease from her pain and that she has touched the lives of so many. My culture celebrates life upon death, and Grammy led a wonderful life.

Barb, that photo kills me. That's our Grammy!

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 09-28-2010, 11:09 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieMackie View Post
Now I wish I could've played "truth or dare" with Grammy! It looks like it would be a riot!

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 09-28-2010, 11:24 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieMackie View Post
I haven't replied yet, but I read this thread every moment I can. It brings me happiness to know that Grammy is at ease from her pain and that she has touched the lives of so many. My culture celebrates life upon death, and Grammy led a wonderful life.

That is such a profound and wonderful way to emphasise the whole ordeal. In my family, through the sadness of losing people, my father most recently, that is what we do. We had a reception at my Mom's after the funeral and everyone laughed, (mostly) ate great food, drank and talked about all kinds of things, not the least of which were happy memories and stories about my Dad. I hope that is what Grammy's family is doing too....celebrating her life. It does sound like she had a very good one, with such a loving family to surround her.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 09-28-2010, 12:06 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
Now I wish I could've played "truth or dare" with Grammy! It looks like it would be a riot!
You have NO idea . . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-28-2010, 12:28 PM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv View Post
That is such a profound and wonderful way to emphasise the whole ordeal. In my family, through the sadness of losing people, my father most recently, that is what we do. We had a reception at my Mom's after the funeral and everyone laughed, (mostly) ate great food, drank and talked about all kinds of things, not the least of which were happy memories and stories about my Dad. I hope that is what Grammy's family is doing too....celebrating her life. It does sound like she had a very good one, with such a loving family to surround her.
Yep! I find it's the best way for me to grieve. Celebrate the life they led. When my mom passed 4 years ago, we buried her, shed our tears, and then everyone was back to our house for a big catered party, courtesy of my brother and I, complete with stocked booze and one rule: everyone shares a good story about her. I really enjoy the concept, and I see a lot of that in this thread, which warms my heart.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 09-28-2010, 07:32 PM
Kristen1980

I feel so bad. I'm so late with my sympathies. I didn't know Grammy like you all did but she seemed like a wonderful person. I'm sad that she is gone but I know she is in a better place with her Golden's
Old 09-28-2010, 08:31 PM
Top Dog

I've opened this thread and started to type many times, but I could never finish. I hope Grammy would not find it disrespectful for me to say much in the same way when a beloved member loses a pet on here, and it takes me a while to write out a response. I'm not good at responding to things that make me upset.

Grammy was an essential part of Chazhound. Quite a few times, she'd post something like "I won't be around for that", and my heart would skip a beat, and I would think "Grammy....don't say that. You better be". I couldn't imagine her leaving this world for good, and it's hard to comprehend now that she's not coming back. When she had the stroke, I just kept thinking "I can't wait til she comes back, posts again, goes home". It took a long, long, long time for me to admit to myself that the end was near.

Grammy was funny, and compassionate, and full of wisdom. She was helpful, and she had stories, and she was full of love. She was brave enough to stand up for her beliefs, she was open-minded enough to befriend everyone here. She is a woman I wish I could have met. She is a woman I would like to be like one day. Her stories and love of Nash inspired me to learn more about Down's Syndrome, and consider one day adopting a child with DS.

Rest peacefully, Grammy. I won't ever forget the effect you had here at Chaz. I will think of you often and fondly. I hope Chip and Bubba and all the others are pushing you out of the bed right now, and I hope you're laughing it off because you had a very good martini.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 09-29-2010, 12:23 AM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
You have NO idea . . . .
Oh DO share!

I wish I could have met her in person. Feisty is certainly what I think of when I think of Grammy. Feisty and loving and always willing to welcome a newbie.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:25 AM
Top Dog

This world won't be the same without her. I am thankful she is no longer in pain but it is still painful for us. You will always be in my heart Grammy.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:10 AM
BusterLove

I only just saw this. Although I never met her in person she definetly touched my life.

RIP Grammy