Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 09-09-2010, 04:11 PM
Top Dog

Default Missing Toby.

I'm thinking Cleo just might be missing Toby more than we thought. It took her about 5 days after he died for her to even look at me. She has taken to staring at herself in the mirror behind her cage and talking to the bird in the mirror. Not only that she has started to do the sound effect noises everytime someone leaves the room. This morning she was sounding like a smoke detector. Then when that didn't work she started ringing like the telephone. After that she started talking to herself in the mirror. She would chat away in her normal voice and every now and then I would hear her chatting in a lower gravely voice like Toby had. So here is the delema do I find her another cage Neighbor or just let her be?

Old 09-09-2010, 10:06 PM
Top Dog

I would try to find her a new cage neighbor. The poor girl sounds lonely and depressed. I'm sorry that you are going through this.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:01 PM
Top Dog

I've been trying to get her out more and sit with her at the desk. Pretty much just have her with me. But she is not the cuddly/likes to be held type of bird.