Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Rescue Forum

Old 09-03-2010, 12:06 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Default Lethal White Aussie Rescue

Amazing Aussies

I'm surprised at how many dogs they've rescued. I guess I thought it was a rarer occurrence. I was looking at the breed specific rescues located in my state and found this site. I'm sharing it because a) I've never heard of this kind of rescue before and b) I know a lot of Chazzers love herding breeds.

For anyone who wants to adopt a dog that may be special needs, there are amazing dogs on this site.

Look at this beauty!

Old 09-03-2010, 12:27 PM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

Great a rescue exists so that breeders can be skeazy and breed double merles purposely as they have somewhere to dump them. And a rescue to promote them and make them more desirable so that more can be bred.

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground

Old 09-03-2010, 12:32 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

I didn't think of it that way.

I really hope that's not what happens.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:13 PM
Top Dog

Their site is sort of hard to navigate through (tho I only skimmed), but I didn't find any info on surrendering. I would be interested in learning if they do take in surrenders and under what policy. If they rescue them from the shelter, strays, etc. I fail to see how they are any different then a breed specific rescue, senior rescue, etc. . . But then again I think every rescue should make it tough for someone to just dump their pet.

I highly doubt having a rescue dedicated to helping lethal whites makes them more desirable for any sane person then a senior rescue making them more desirable. Looking at the site, it lists their faults (deaf, blind), that's enough for plenty of people, in this area at least, to turn their heels and run away.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:34 PM
Just try me..

I've seen people who think this is pretty and after seeing a whole bunch of them think they must be a something and want one. There are people who specifically only want this. (There was someone on this forum who specifically only wanted this type of Aussie).
Old 09-03-2010, 02:04 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
I've seen people who think this is pretty and after seeing a whole bunch of them think they must be a something and want one. There are people who specifically only want this. (There was someone on this forum who specifically only wanted this type of Aussie).
Soooo....? As long as they aren't going directly to the breeder, I don't give a rats ass if they want one specifically like this (I didn't see the post where someone specifically wanted a lethal white, but I know someone who has two and has stated that as long as there is one to adopt through a proper recue group or shelter, she will probably always have one). Granted, I think the majority should be put down (that I've met/heard of), but if there are people out there who have the patience, time, resources, etc to help them, then I don't see the big deal. Now I would LOVE for this practice to stop (the breeding of them), but if the rescue isn't helping the breeders personally, then more power to them, and I don't see how they are any different.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:07 PM
Just try me..

Some of the ones I've met have no issue going directly to breeders. The rescue advertises them and then they go buy the product wherever it pleases them.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:09 PM
Top Dog

Well...if we go by that logic we might as well be against all rescues and shelters.

My shelter "advertises" our dogs at PetSmart on Saturdays...is that horrible?
Old 09-03-2010, 02:12 PM
Just try me..

No its great!

Its the fact they are advertising something that shouldnt' exist. Its great they want to help the dogs. But by specializing so they show pictures of only those... people start talking as if these white aussies are a 'thing' like white dobes etc. I mean they have their own rescue and all!!

I help promote the foster dogs for the JRTRO. But if someone wants to go get one from a breeder thats ok. If someone decides they only want a pretty white aussie and there isnt' one in rescue they will likely also go to a breeder.

Its like you want to promote them.. but only to the right people.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:44 PM
Top Dog

I don't think they should glorify them... And what I saw they aren't. Each dog I saw on their site had an issue... If THAT still makes people want one, I wonder what kind of person they are, a normal person would scratch their heads and wonder WTF is up.

The fact there is a recue devoted to them, and knows about the training, medical problems, etc would mean they know what homes these dogs need better then some rescues. So I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing.