Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-01-2010, 06:59 AM
just call me Nilly

My tummy is rumbling as I read this thread. Gross. I was sure I wanted to before, now I'm going to the pharmacy after work!

Julia: Mom to Sierra (adorable mutt - Basset x Cattledog is our best guess these days) Buddy (noisy but awesome DSH tabby cat) and Carter (adorable human baby) RIP Nya 1994(?) - 2010
Old 09-01-2010, 07:03 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Since I took so much of ivermectin that tracers were visible behind everything that moved I would assume I am ok. I would think if you had tapes they would be visible in your stool. A lady down the street from my Mom had a 3 ft tape worm in her intestine.

I will say that after fighting this disease of Babasia there is not near enough attention payed to people on the parasite level.I have cat scratch fever and have had it for over a decade which means it is very hard to get rid of. Because i am having a hard time getting rid of that, I am having a hard time getting rid of the lyme. Yet most of the regular doctors i have seen have had no idea what it was. I bet the same is true for parasites.

I remember when I was in jr college that my bio teacher talked about how hook worm (i believe..it's been a long time) lays in the dew on the top of grass blades and people who were barefoot (often slaves) were infected making them anemic and there for sluggish which was then assumed they were "lazy". I haven't stepped into dew laden grass since.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 09-01-2010, 07:46 AM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

Pretty sure you need a decently bad tape infection until you have visible segments in stool. Both my guys have had reoccurring tape issues. Wormer will kill what they have, they poop out dead worms and end up reinfected. They both needed a really heavy tape worm load before it was visible in their stool.

Good to know deworming is common everywhere but north america apparently..

I'm pretty sure I killed worms last night. I was nauseated for hours.

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground

Old 09-01-2010, 08:42 AM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

I'm looking for stuff at work today, or ordering it for tomorrow.

Thanks to this thread, I'm now afraid to poop. That is all. LOL
Old 09-01-2010, 08:50 AM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

EEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Why did i have to read this thread?! I resisted all four pages! Yuck!
Old 09-01-2010, 09:13 AM
Just try me..

Well I have to say I am very glad I did.

I didn't expect a dramatic change, but I have.

The day after I dewormed myself I made chicken, dressing the works. I put what I would normally put on my plate (and still often go back for seconds) I couldn't finish it!

I used to be constantly hungry. Not OMG I am starving, but hungry enough to make resisting snacking almost impossible. I also don't crave sweet things as often, found out afterwards that that can also be attributed to a decent worm load.

Elegy: I am not worried about a few worms. But you do know of the damage they do to intestines and blood vessels right? A heavy worm load is more than just a little something for your immune system to look after.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:14 AM
Not a lurker

I've never done it intentionally but I have tasted Zimectrin before - it's pretty **** nasty, and I'm sure I know why my horse puts his nose as far away from me as possible when I come out with the white tube of death.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:49 AM
woop

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkie View Post
A lady down the street from my Mom had a 3 ft tape worm in her intestine.
I don't like this thread!

I had no idea how squeamish I am of parasites until reading all this. The problem now is that I don't want worms, but I don't want to buy a wormer because I'd rather not know if I had them to begin with. The perils!
Old 09-01-2010, 01:58 PM
Top Dog

I never thought a thing about it until I watched, for the first time, Monsters within me...like Bigpoodleperson. That was the most disgusting show...horrifying! Much worse than this thread, let me tell ya. OMG! Some of those parasites are REEEEEEEEELLY dangerous! And they show all these gruesome videos of the worms squiggling around and through body organs. I mean....sick! I almost lost my lunch. It was spaghetti.

There's one that can be in the soil so they say don't go barefoot and always use garden gloves. I never use gloves because then my fingers aren't nimble enough to pick little weeds and do other things. And barefoot? Yeah, there's some kind of chemical we put out that is on our hands and bottoms of our feet that attract this parasite. I forget...maybe it was that Barbasia Smkie mentioned. Then there's strongyloides. That one seems the creepiest of all. Strongyloides Stercoralis: eMedicine Emergency Medicine

And here's another one....it looks like it could be found anywhere in the US. Cryptosporidiosis; The New Enemy: This Dangerous Parasite is Becoming a Common Threat in US.

There's parasites that get into the brain tissue. HORRIBLE!

So, I don't know about taking animal de-wormers. Maybe they're not the right thing for humans...too strong, too weak? I don't know much about it. But maybe it's better to ask a Doctor and get the kind that's just right for people or right for the type of worm that lives in your area. Some don't live everywhere. Those meds can be hard on you too, I think.

LOL. Now we're all paranoid and there's going to be a rash of people going in to their doctors, asking for de-worming. They're going to wonder, WTF?
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 09-01-2010, 02:08 PM
Top Dog

lol I certainly thought about it, but no one really talked about worming people so I just sort of wrote it off as a non issue... hmmm...