Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 08-25-2010, 12:23 PM
Show Dog

A couple 4 wk old photos of smoothies. Taken today, they will be 4 wks tomorrow. I TRIED to get all of them in the photo, but that didn't work out to well lol

Blue girl trying to escape
Old 08-25-2010, 12:38 PM
Professional Nerd

I will admit, my favorites are the blue merles, and the tricolors second. I'm not a huge fan of the sables, so that's probably the color that I'd end up with.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:49 PM
Professional Nerd

I should also mention that it will be some time before I am serious about buying a pup, I'm thinking 3 to 5 years.

Just found out last night that Harry's grandmother just passed away at 16. I won't tell my husband. It will just depress him to think about 10 more years with Harry.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:54 PM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by stafinois View Post
I will admit, my favorites are the blue merles, and the tricolors second. I'm not a huge fan of the sables, so that's probably the color that I'd end up with.
It's funny, in smooths sables are usually my favorite color. I think there isn't a cuter puppy out there than a sable smooth collie puppy at 6-8 wks old. OMG, they just melt me. Their little mask starts to come in and their ears are starting to go up... SO adorable! in my opinion.

However, I LOVE this blue smooth bitch puppy in my litter (the one trying to escape!) every time I look at the babies, I am drawn to her. Plus she is feisty and I like them that way!!! not that the others aren't too.

Also.. my "sable" puppies are actually sable merles.

As far as roughs go, Blue merles and tri-colors are my favorite color, but I love mahogany sables as well!!
Old 08-25-2010, 01:01 PM
Top Dog

I'm trying to hold off for another year or two, too. But it's so hard! I think a collie might be a great fit for me (and Bailey!).

I love the puppy pictures! The little guy on the left in the second picture is killing me.

Thanks so much for the information, Spiritwind!
Old 08-25-2010, 01:08 PM
Professional Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwind View Post
It's funny, in smooths sables are usually my favorite color. I think there isn't a cuter puppy out there than a sable smooth collie puppy at 6-8 wks old. OMG, they just melt me. Their little mask starts to come in and their ears are starting to go up... SO adorable! in my opinion.

However, I LOVE this blue smooth bitch puppy in my litter (the one trying to escape!) every time I look at the babies, I am drawn to her. Plus she is feisty and I like them that way!!! not that the others aren't too.

Also.. my "sable" puppies are actually sable merles.

As far as roughs go, Blue merles and tri-colors are my favorite color, but I love mahogany sables as well!!

The sable pups ARE cute! I could be drawn in by a sable merle with blue eyes easily. I'm a sucker for blue eyes.

But again, a good dog is whatever color it happens to be. When I got my AmStaf, I told the breeder that I didn't want a red or fawn. She'd only ever produced blacks and blues, and his parents were a black and a blue. I figured that I was stacking the deck in my favor. He was the only fawn in the litter. The breeder had two more litters before she passed away, both of which consisted of only blacks. Today people are still skeptical when I tell them where I got him, as he's the wrong color for that kennel.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:28 PM
Show Dog

Quote:
The sable pups ARE cute! I could be drawn in by a sable merle with blue eyes easily. I'm a sucker for blue eyes.

But again, a good dog is whatever color it happens to be. When I got my AmStaf, I told the breeder that I didn't want a red or fawn. She'd only ever produced blacks and blues, and his parents were a black and a blue. I figured that I was stacking the deck in my favor. He was the only fawn in the litter. The breeder had two more litters before she passed away, both of which consisted of only blacks. Today people are still skeptical when I tell them where I got him, as he's the wrong color for that kennel.
Oh I agree.. I wouldn't pick a dog based on color. A good Collie can't be a bad color!!

Though I will pass on the sable merle with blue eyes LOL I'm hoping mine have mostly dark eyes. I prefer dark eyes on blues as well.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:10 PM
Top Dog

I have to admit, though I was very happy to see Amos (sable smoothie) was available when I first checked out Moxie Collies, I was kind of wishing (to myself) a tri-color would be available. And then *poof* I was offered Logan I adore Tris, but I also love merles of any color.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:19 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwind View Post
I do know of some Collie Forums actually. However my favorite one is based in Europe, but its a European based forum devoted to the American Collie.

*snip*

I do know of some good breeders in Texas as well..
Think you could share?
Old 08-29-2010, 10:32 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
I should also mention that it will be some time before I am serious about buying a pup, I'm thinking 3 to 5 years.

Just found out last night that Harry's grandmother just passed away at 16. I won't tell my husband. It will just depress him to think about 10 more years with Harry.
poor Harry... lol

A friend of mine breeds smoothies for show, she keeps trying to convince me I need one of them lol